K 75 Knows better - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2007, 9:59 am Thread Starter

K 75 Knows better

Hi everybody,
First post here. I haven't been able to find any information to solve a problem that has occurred to my k75. The engine starts, runs for about ten minutes and then it stops. At this point when I try to restart the bike and push the starter switch, I can hear the fuel being pumped but the starter doesn't turn. After the engine cools down I am able to start the bike as if nothing ever happened. I am starting to get tired of riding the bike for just a few minutes and then having to push it back. I am not sure if it is related to the temperature of the engine and there is a safety that turns the engine off to prevent damage, or if there is a faulty component that doesn't work when the engine is hot.
If there is anybody out there who has any clue as what might be happening I would love to hear what their thoughts might be.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2007, 2:31 pm
Veteran

Check everything that's applicable to your bike on this page.http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech.shtml The early K100 should electrically be the same as your K75.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2007, 1:24 pm Thread Starter

Bruce,
Thanks for the advice. I found some info that has helped me to partially solve the problem.
It seems like the negative that goes to the starter solenoid is shut off ( after the bike warms up). If you ground the starter solenoid it works again. Now, as far as the bike sutting off after a little while ( it seems after it warms up) the problem still remains. It litterally seems that as soon as the bike warms up , or reaches a certain temperature, it shuts off. If I wait about half an hour, the engine starts right up. It feels like a thermostat eventually shuts everything off. I will post new finds in the next few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2007, 3:50 pm
Veteran

Sent a PM.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode