HDT commercial diesel to start production - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 7:25 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy HDT commercial diesel to start production

I can't find the original post about this in the archive (maybe I saw it elsewhere), but HDT just posted to their newsletter that they will be starting limited production next year, and full production 2007 on the HDT Bulldog, diesel motorcycle - http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/models.htm. MSRP will be $18,999 Too bad, I would have considered it if the price where about half that Then again...who would think folks would pay $20k for a dirt bike (bmw I guess ) Copy of their newsleter:

Commercial release of the Diesel Fueled D650-A1LE Bulldog!

We are very excited about the production of our new commercial version diesel motorcycle the D650 Bulldog, which is the theme of this month's Newsletter.

We have had an overwhelming response and have received literally thousands of inquiries. Due to the volume of e-mails and telephone calls we are unable to respond personally to every inquiry. We can assure you that we are receiving each and every message. Just a reminder, the surest way of getting updates and information about our company and product releases is through this newsletter.

Currently, we are undergoing a final review of Federal and State regulations with regards to our commercial motorcycles. We plan on accepting firm orders for the D650-A1LE Bulldog soon and will be announcing the availability date through this newsletter.

Below is a list of just some of the features we plan on offering for the first limited release of the Bulldog. We will be offering a limited production run in 2006 and full production will start for the 2007 model year.

First, the 2006 Limited Edition D650-A1LE Bulldog
will be very special:

_ It will be the only production run of commercial diesel motorcycles that will use the military engine and limited to only 200 units.

_ The D650-A1LE will have custom graphics by Wally World.

D650A1Bulldog

_ It will have special Noleen/F1 rear suspension and custom tuned front suspension.

_ The D650-A1LE will be available with the customer's choice of Dunlop D606 or D607 tires.

_ Gearing will be customized to the rider's preference for on-road, off-road, or adventure touring.

_ The D650-A1LE will have a custom seat cover.

_ The D650-A1LE will have a custom, military style, tool kit, especially equipped for adventure touring.

Second, we plan to offer individualized engine serial numbers. After receipt of your deposit for the 2006 Ltd. D650-A1LE Bulldog, HDTUSA will provide you with a custom, military-style leather Bomber Jacket that includes a special patch with your individualized engine serial number. Additionally, each bike owner receives individualized documentation and a bronze medallion with the individualized engine serial number.

Individualized engine serial numbers will be assigned on a first come, first served basis, with the exception of serial number 00001. We intend to auction off the first production unit with the proceeds going to a Marine Corps charity and the Marine Corps Heritage Museum in Quantico, Virginia.

Owners will be provided with monthly updates as to the progress of the commercial production.

Third, we will be offering a limited choice of colors and graphics. We are working on color and graphic details now and will announce the options in an upcoming newsletter.

PRICE: The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price for the D650-A1LE Bulldog will be $18,999.00 (the price is subject to change until the opening of our initial offer to sell and some restrictions may apply.) A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be required to hold your bike. The balance will be due on presentation of documentation and notice that the unit is ready for shipment. For our customer's protection, deposits will be refunded if HDTUSA is unable to deliver their motorcycle.

We plan to provide more details on the 2007 full production D650-A2 Bulldog in an upcoming newsletter.

DEALERSHIPS: We are negotiating with a select group of the top motorcycle dealerships in the continental United States. If you are currently a motorcycle dealer and are interested, please provide your business address and motorcycles models you currently sell.

MILITARY DIESEL MOTORCYCLES:

We've had a large number of inquires from people who wish to buy the full military model and we will be conducting an on-line survey to gauge interest. We'll announce when the survey is ready in an upcoming newsletter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:45 pm
Enthusiast

Question

So many things I do not understand. Is it the speed the smoke or the clatter noise people are after?

Wow I didn't know BMW made motorcycles, Yeah I think Honda does too.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 7:43 am Thread Starter

They are after all of them I think ....actually, ~100 mpg with a 600 mile range is a mighty good reason. Can't speak for the bike, but most diesel car engines within the past 10 years from across the pond don't suffer from these conditions...good luck getting into the US market with a diesel car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot
So many things I do not understand. Is it the speed the smoke or the clatter noise people are after?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:00 pm
Addict

Unless it has more than 4 cylinders, I wonder how they will get the weight down, reduce the vibes and get rid of the heat. Diesel's a fuel that has enormous power potential, but its like a nuke power plant, needs taming and lots around it to control and keep the pistons on the rods! I wonder what 150mph at 4000rpm is like?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode