motorcycle maintenance software - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 1:33 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

motorcycle maintenance software

What do folks use to keep track of their maintenance records?

I used to use ZMoto for the Palm OS but it's flaky.

I don't NEED a Palm based program, Window only would be fine.

His and Hers K1200S'
His: <strike>'05 Indigo Blue</strike>
Hers: '06 Granite Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 1:48 pm
Addict

I use Microsoft Excel.

I don't need to know what gas/oil or tire air I put in it.

Some things I log are dates, mileage, pad/clutch thickness, mileage, tire tread depth, what aftermarket parts I use and their part numbers, changes in fluid levels, amounts added. I add items as 'to do's' from time to time so I can do a lot all in one hit. I have a list of service ops from the CD, but add extra items as I go along.

I try to log stuff that makes my maintenance easier next time and helps predict when parts will need replacing according to my driving. That way I hope to avoid 'surprises'.

I have the oem CD on my laptop so that gives me any tech. info. I keep a backup copy of my service record on floppy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 3:47 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

That's prolly the easiest thing to do. Plus, I have an Excel program on my Palm so I can get the best of both worlds.

His and Hers K1200S'
His: <strike>'05 Indigo Blue</strike>
Hers: '06 Granite Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 7:13 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Rider
What do folks use to keep track of their maintenance records?

I was in getting a new rear tire yesterday at my local dealership, and when they looked me up on their computer, the service writer asked me which bike I wanted the tire put on. Since I only have one but have gone through a couple of others at that dealership, I was thinking about asking them to print out what they had on me. Didn't ask, but I'm thinking if they have that capability (why would they not?), that would probably be the best storage for my maintenance records I could ask for.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 7:29 pm
Addict

Big brother is watching!

So a guy looking over your bike to buy it, notes your VIN, then decides after a few enquires at the dealer (who has access to national records) he doesn't like what he hears?

Funny thing about Data Protection here in UK, the Law applies to people but not things you own. In theory they can hold data on your bike as long as it has no link to you personally or its registration.

Does your dealer give you a discount in return for supplying BMW with information about your bike?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode