hot k75rt shutting down - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2008, 4:18 pm Thread Starter

hot k75rt shutting down

hi everyone. Hoping you guys and girls can help me diagnose the problem I am having with my k. After a short ride like 20 minutes my engine would slowly shut itself off at idle. I would be in stop and go traffic or at a traffic light when I can actually sense my rpm dropping. Sometime I would catch it in time by revving the engine to at least 3000rpm and engine stays alive. When this problem occurs I would be able to keep the engine alive as long as I keep the revs up. If the engine inevitably dies I would have trouble restarting it. cranks but don't turn over like it's starving for fuel. I would have to let it cool a few minutes before I can restart. If I am in stop and go traffic restarting it doesn't guarantee it will stay working.

I would like to point out that no such problem occurs when I am traveling on highways or a roads that allow me to open the engine up to at least 3k. The bike is a 1991 k75rt. It's got a new aftermarket fuel pump a new alternator and has gotten a tune up as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Enthusiast

Try this page. Hopefully it's not the HES (beemerboneyard has them at a good price)
http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/intermittent-cutout.shtml

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode