K75 Engine Rattle - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 2008, 6:17 pm Thread Starter

Cool K75 Engine Rattle

My K75RT has developed an engine rattle after my last service. Have spoken to the shop about it and they just say oh it happens it will go. Having looked through the forums here I think I know what the problem is, it is the Throttle Position Switch needs adjustment. They adjusted it in the shop when they did the shims.
I have a Haynes Manual, but could anyone help me with just how to adjust the switch, I don't want to make things worse.
K75RTowner

Last edited by K75RTowner; Sep 12th, 2008 at 6:21 pm. Reason: incorrect spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2008, 4:11 pm
Addict

If it's like the K12 you just DON'T mess with it. The only way to set up the K12 TPS is on the diagnostics computer because the mechanical adjustment makes big differences to the voltages coming off the resistors and feeding the ECU.

I'm not sure why you suspect the TPS. What is the idle running at? If it's in spec for the bike, then perhaps some K rattle is normal. If idle was running higher before, then they did the right thing getting it into spec because that can affect the ECU initialisation and gas mileage.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode