This is a copy of a wrenching thread I have on another board and thought someone here might enjoy reading it.
This is a compilation of several wrenching sessions.
BB = Baby Blue
SW = Shop Whore
Some comments after riding her home last night:
1. BB has 51,700 mile and it shows. Less overall vibration felt thru the grips, saddle and pegs than the SW with 180,000 miles.
2. The pull on the clutch is 35% - 45% lighter and the shifting up and down is very, very smooth. (I suspect I now need to adjust the cable on the SW)
3. The acceleration is smoother and quicker.
4. It is more nimble in the turns.
5. The throttle is more responsive.
Well, it begins
So the first thing we needed to do was puts some lights on her.
We started with these pics...
And we sent them to a friend of ours.
While waiting to hear back, Steve set up the PIAA's with HID's.
Time to test fire it...
Our friend sent these pics.
Ok, here are some more pics of the process.
Steve mounted the Blue Sea fuse block. We didn't use it for this light project, but set it in place for future projects.
Hey! Look! My bike matches the floor!!
Steve wired it so the high beam switch turns on the PIAA's. So low beam is the main headlight, high is all three.
We wanted the relay and 30-amp fuse (white box) in a place that was not too hard to get to.