Grip-it - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 2009, 7:11 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Grip-it

I'm considering installing OEM heated grips on my K12S. Is this a job for the novice or should I leave if for the professionals? Has anybody else taken-on this project or was I the only one to purchase a bike without heated grips? Please advise...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2009, 5:10 pm
Enthusiast

I sure you could install the heated grips just fine.
One of my thoughts after having heated grips for a while is that I find that they are only useful in the summer time and in the evening when the temp. goes down and I still have my summer gloves on and light gear. I am going to get a pair of heated glove liners this spring. I find that the heated grips fall short when you really need all over warmth especially on the top of your hand. Also you loose all your built up heat any time you remove a hand from the grip and your left hand will be a bit cooler due to you having to open it a bit to pull the clutch lever.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2009, 4:28 am
Addict

I don't have them but many like them and I read posts from members fixing them if they go wrong.

In my case I fitted bar risers on my KRS which puts the grips more in the wind so I can't see heated grips working well. Thinking about them, I can't see them working that well anyway unless there was a lot of heat storage which there isn't. I don't do much Winter riding so I see wind deflectors and heated gloves as offering my solution. Or for short trips I might just hunt out some gel filled thermal gloves I can microwave - if anybody makes them!

Ah, I see loads of Patent Applications filed but no products, so I'll just have to stick with a gel hand warmer inside a larger mitten!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2009, 1:14 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks guys... A&S BMW motorcycles sells a kit for for $303.00.

"The BMW heated grip kit is something that makes BMW very unique. These kits will virtually fit all BMW motorcycles. The Heated Grip Kits have high and low temperature settings and really keep your hands warm! The kits come with very complete and detailed instructions and all the parts needed down to new wire ties".

I might give them a shot, however gell gloves seem to be a less expensive approch.
Attached Images

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2009, 12:40 am
Looking for better limits...

Go with the grips. More options in the long run...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode