Can a KRS fit inside a van? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 7:20 pm Thread Starter

Can a KRS fit inside a van?

Has anyone found a way to drive thier KRS up into an older Chevy/Ford van, say 1989-1996 model year? Are there any slick tricks in regards to a ramp, and stabilizing the bike once it's inside? Would the windshield have to come off, or will it fit as is? Problem I see is getting the bike back out. I have seen a friend drive his bike up a ramp into the back of his pickup, so I know that can be done, but I never saw how he got it back down!
Also, as a follow-on question, would it be possible to fit another gas tank anywhere in the bike to get more than the 4 or 5 gallons the stock tank holds? Even a couple of gallons more would be nice.
Cheers,
Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 8:43 pm
Looking for better limits...

Take the windscreen off. Not the easiest thing, but not difficult.

If you have enough balance to ride it up and in, you should have enough to ride it out (yeah, backward).
I do that with a trailer, and yes, the trailer is sitting lower by maybe 6 inches. Just make sure you have plenty of flat room behind you, and if you have the EVO brakes, you might want to have the key turned on.

Otherwise, probably two people, one on each side, with the key on for using the rear brake. Might have the person on the left shift it into gear and use the clutch as a means of slowing down just in case (not running the engine, though).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 3:44 am
Addict

If I was doing it regular I'd consider a small electric winch with remote control, mounted on the truck and fixed on the top yolk or across the front forks . You get safe control on the pull up and on the way down. If the rear tire's wet you're not thinking big $$'s if she slips.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 12:22 pm
Looking for better limits...

Now that I think about it, a winch would work well along with a second ramp of the same shape and size for one foot to be able to touch as well. Then if you happen to own a hi-lift all-wheel drive pick-um-up, you'd be good to go as well, solo. However, loading is better done in pairs, including human activities.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 1:02 pm

Talking No Problem

Yes you can, we have done it once a year for the last four. On a 2001 with a comfort shield, you will have to pull it down to get it in. We push it in the van by hand ONLY
Two of us is needed for safety and ease. Make sure you use a 10 or 12 inch wide board to go across the back of the seats to put the front wheel up against. ( a must ) Then use straps to hold the wheel very firm in place. If you put two 2 by 4's horizontal ( one on each side of the wheel, to help hold in place )and screw them to the larger board at the back of the seats, its the best way.
We use the same board as a ramp that we use on the back of the seats.
Attached is a picture of the van and trailer, I will look to see if there is one inside.

Good Luck and Becareful,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Mexico 5-20-04 042.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	952  

Last edited by JamesTexas; Dec 7th, 2005 at 1:09 pm.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 1:56 pm
Throttle Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTexas
Yes you can, we have done it once a year for the last four.
James, you are the Loadmaster!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 2:26 pm

Rick, it comes from years of dirt bike hauling....
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 3:59 pm

Thumbs up Inside Van K12rs ......Picture

Hope this helps?????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0169-1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	956  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 4:58 pm Thread Starter

great foto

Thanks James, I had no idea there would be that much room left over. Looks like the windshield doesn't even have to come off. I think it would be a great combo to have a van with my bike inside, best of both worlds. It snows like crazy up here at 9097 feet, so if I can put this rig together I can run the van down to a warmer climate and ride the bike from there. Again thanks for the great fotos.
Jack
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 5:08 pm Thread Starter

Thanks also to Razel

And to Razel, I am thinking along your lines as well, to see if I can engineer some sort of hoist or winch thing whereby I could run the ramp out the back, run the bike up onto it, and winch the whole 9 yards into the van so I could do it by myself. James' fotos were very enlightening to me, there's quite a bit more room left inside than I had envisaged, such that some kind of motorized ramp just might fit with room left over. Thanks all.
Jack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode