Tools for bleeding control circuits - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2005, 10:52 pm Thread Starter

Tools for bleeding control circuits

I have a 2004 K1200RS. Service manual calls for two BMW tools to bleed control circuits, part nos. 34-2-531 and 34-2-532. Service tips posted on this site suggest that only part 34-2-532 is needed. Are both tools needed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2005, 4:14 pm
Enthusiast

I'll throw this out without checking any of the available written procedures but I believe it's correct. You need a 1010 (10 mm thread x 1 mm pitch) speed bleeder for one line. This also works on the clutch line. You also need some kind of 7mm to reach the recessed zerks on the right and left sides of the control box. I used a 7 mm ignition wrench and bent it at a 90 deg angle right at the box head. Then ground the the box down until it would fit and used a pair of vise grips to hold it. If you have a way to do it a better solution is the weld/braze a socket on the end so you can use a rachet to drive it. The vise grips are kind of clumsy.
If you look in the how-to archives I'm sure there's a good procedure.

David Littlefield
Clute, TX
09 K1300S
70 Commando
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2005, 10:24 pm Thread Starter

Thank you. The special BMW tool I already purchased is the one that is bent 90 degrees. Hopefully I will not need another special tool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2005, 2:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick&roll
I have a 2004 K1200RS. Service manual calls for two BMW tools to bleed control circuits, part nos. 34-2-531 and 34-2-532. Service tips posted on this site suggest that only part 34-2-532 is needed. Are both tools needed?

I have a home made version of part 34-2-532, the pictures in my write up are of the tool I have. The BMW version will work fine to reach all of the bleeders on the control circuits without the other tool.

I use a 1/4 inch breaker bar and various length 1/4 inch extensions to make the reach.

Be sure to remove the front seat mount before removing your battery. Pull off the rubber endcaps to see the bolts. That will give you a lot more room to pull the battery.

Good luck, post up if any problems.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode