Cruise control button - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2005, 11:52 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Cruise control button

On my KRS the cruise control button hardly moves up and down at all. I can engage cruise control by pressing down hard but when I disengage it does not pop up. I think it is going to get stuck in the down position one of these days. Should it pop up when disengaged?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 1:16 am

Hey, siclmn, dumb question ... are you sliding the switch to the right first?

(Do you have an owner's manual so you can see what I'm referring to?)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 1:41 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by detour
Hey, siclmn, dumb question ... are you sliding the switch to the right first?

(Do you have an owner's manual so you can see what I'm referring to?)
Or better still...is it the BMW cruise control or aftermarket? The BMW one has a grey slide switch that uncovers a red LED when on, and a separate toggle-forward-to set, toggle-rearward-to resume switch.

Your description sounds strangely like an aftermarket cruise control. Reason also being that the RS didn't come standard with cruise control initially

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 8:02 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siclmn
On my KRS the cruise control button hardly moves up and down at all. I can engage cruise control by pressing down hard but when I disengage it does not pop up. I think it is going to get stuck in the down position one of these days. Should it pop up when disengaged?
Something is VERY wrong with your question. BMW cruise controls actuate by moving one(controller on-off) to the left or right. And the other(set-resume) forward or back. What's going on here?
Bruce C
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 8:07 am
Rookie

Question Cruise control button

I have a simular question about the cruise button. When I slide the on off button the LED won't stay lite unless I hold pressure on the slide. I think if I can get the switch apart I can adjust something in there. I've had the switch off and partly apart but I could not get the slide part to release. Any know how?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:04 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwacree
I have a simular question about the cruise button. When I slide the on off button the LED won't stay lite unless I hold pressure on the slide. I think if I can get the switch apart I can adjust something in there. I've had the switch off and partly apart but I could not get the slide part to release. Any know how?
Before disassembling, try spraying electrical contact cleaner in there first.

Bill

'04 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue
'05 R1200GS Red
'07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:57 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwacree
I am pretty sure there is nothing in there to "adjust".
As Bill said, squirt it good with contact cleaner, while working the switch to clean out any grit.
Also protect the other surfaces from overspray as best you can.
Bruce C
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 8:00 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siclmn
Yes I slide it to the right and the light comes on. Here is a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cruise control 009.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	625.3 KB
ID:	1136  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 8:47 pm
Looking for better limits...

Oh. Ok, my mistake. Up and down, just different reference. Cleaner sounds like the best option, just use a little and work the flat switch "up and down". Hopefully, the slide switch is fully to the right, too.

Interesting wear pattern on the flat switch...what caused that?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:11 pm
Enthusiast

Siclmn,
Just to make sure there's no confusion regarding how the "engage/disengage" CC switch works:

You push the switch forward (towards the vehicle in front of you) to engage the CC (or speed up if it's already engaged). You move the tab towards the rear of the bike to slow down if the CC is already engaged or to resume it. The tab that sticks up vertically from the switch is a momentary contact... it moves back to the center position as soon as you release pressure on it.

You don't push it "down" (towards the ground) nor does it "pop-up" (move towards the sky) when disengaging. It only moves fore/aft and will be in the center position unless you're pressing on it. When the CC is controlling the bike's speed it will be in the center position too. Hopefully you already know this.

Bill

'04 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue
'05 R1200GS Red
'07 KTM 950 Super Enduro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode