TB synch + heat shield mounting - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:21 pm Thread Starter

TB synch + heat shield mounting

1) I have an 85 K100RT and am putting the stock exhaust back on. Not a lot of
help there in the parts fiche or manuals for heat shield mounting. I guess the 'spacer'
they refer to on the 6mm bolt mount holes came attached to the muffler, because BMW doesn't list them,
only bolts/spacers, and the one 'rubber mount' at the first (far left) mount hole. The BMW
tech suggested using carbon fibre spacer/washers, which he gave me, but they won't
make up the gap to the heat shield (they're only 1/4 inch or so).

2) According to the manuals, I am to hook up the vacuum gauges/sticks to three
of the vacuum ports, then 'tee' in the last hose to the pressure regulator, instead of
the fourth vacuum port? Am i 'teeing' the vacuum gauge hose in between the pressure
regulator itself and the line attached to it? If that's the case, could someone please tell me how to get or substitute the BMW 't' adapter the manuals refer to? Thanks!! The rest is pretty straight forward..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2006, 1:18 am
Looking for better limits...

Ya know...if the throttle bodies weren't adjusted for the other exhaust system, I'd leave them alone. They're adjusted on a flow-meter at the factory, and if the blue paint on the screws aren't mis-aligned, you should be good to go. Otherwise, god bless...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2006, 10:16 am Thread Starter

Hi, thanks. Not a bad point. I asked the PO about adjustments due to radically different air-flow with Luftmeister system and he said the shop adjusted to reduce backfire. That may mean fiddling with the TPS, or the air screws/butterfly settings. I can ask the shop. I have to take the fairing lowers off anyway to do the throttle cable, so i don't mind, plus i have good carb sticks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode