Lifting bikes using the foot pegs and headers - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2010, 9:03 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Question Lifting bikes using the foot pegs and headers

Hello,

I have a Easy Rizer "Big Blue" motorcycle lift with attachements for lifting a bike using the foot pegs and the exhaust headers. I am not too comfortable using this meathod and would like to know if anyone else is using an Eazy Rizer "Red" or "Blue" or a motorcycle lift that uses a similar method for lifting the bike? I have noticed that there is a Pit Bull Jack lift that employs lifting a bike via the foot pegs so it appears that the Eazy Rizer is not unique with this approach?
I have used this lift on my previous bike, a Harley and it did a great job, however, the Harley has a frame the runs under the bike which made lifting the bike quite easy with this lift using the frame mount attachements.
I wanted to avoid purchasing another lift so I am hoping someone else has experience making it work with the K1200S?

Thank You,

Steven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2010, 12:40 pm
Addict

Don't try a lift the bike from the headers, it will likely turn into a costly mistake as they weren't designed to support the weight of the bike. Also as our bikes have folding foot pegs, I don't see how you could lift the bike from them. I will sometimes support my trackbike from the foot pegs but the difference is that bike has rearsets with solid mount foot pegs. Pit Bull makes front and rear stands for our bikes. The front stand is universal and can work for other bikes you might have. I can't comment on the rear stand as I use the OEM centerstand to lift the rear.

James

06 K1200R Corbin w/ smuggler, Wilbers shocks, PCIII, Factory Pro Dyno tuned, CC Suspension plates, Vario levers, Dual Evo filters, Leo Vince SBK, V1, Zumo 550

02 WR250F Stock

99 SV650 GSX-R front end, Aftershocks suspension, Penske shock, 41mm FCR flat slides, Bridgestone slicks, M4 exhaust, Vortex clipons, Woodcraft rearsets, Hot Bodies race bodywork, Factory Pro clutch cover, Total Loss ignition, BRG relocated battery, APE Adjustable Cam sprockets, JE 13:1 pistons, mild porting, balanced crank, Sunoco 110 race fuel

98 KLX331 Race Tech suspension, 331 Stroker big bore kit, 33mm pumper, Tag bars, Stroker exhaust, IMS desert tank, tall seat foam w/ Stroker cover, Open air box, KX clutch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2010, 4:52 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Lifting bikes using foot pegs and headres

Thank you, I will look to purchase another type of lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2010, 5:51 am
Addict

I lifted my bike with a beam and chain hoist from a hydraulic table and I can tell you that just working out a safe place to put the lifting straps is a challenge. The bike weighs about 650lb and is an expensive fix if it falls over and also kills you! Straps around the front fork yolk and the engine frame did the trick. The centre of gravity seems to be just forwards of the gas tank slightly, back from the filter can cover on the sump and NOT over the foot pegs!

For security I like the beam and chain hoist, but I've seen some under bike lifts that should be ok if blocked with 4X2. but you will need to remove the underbelly cover to use it.

See what others say about this. I think if I bought one, I'd be happier without the swivel castors. I don't know if they lock. I've bought a few of these tools of Chinese or Korean origin. With some cunning you can alter things to put right missing design items and make them into good cheap tools. As far as hydraulics are concerned I've had a couple of issues with car trolley jacks, watch for overnight sag (that's why products like this have a locking bar!). I don't think the Chinese can manufacture decent seals, so I trot off to my local seal supplier and replace theirs with Dowty and never get a problem again.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...lift-2792.html.

Cheap when you think what the dealer labor rate is!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by voxmagna; Nov 6th, 2010 at 6:02 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode