Wheelspeed Sensor - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2011, 12:37 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Wheelspeed Sensor

I put my K1200 S (2009) on my trailer and tied it down. When I got to South Carolina, I had a problem with the bike flashing "Brake Falure" The brakes are fine, I think that I damanged the Wheelspeed Sensor. Now after back home and riding around it feels like the bike is leaning to the left all the time. This causes a very bad ride, because I am always trying to correct this feeling. I never had this problem before.

Could the Wheelspeed Sensor cause the bike to lean to the left? The speed sensor is on the left side of the bike.

I'm ready to ride, but I always feel like the bike is leaning to the left.

Any advice as to what it can be?

When I put the bike on my trailer I did cause a small rub on the Wheelspeed Sensor, just trying to find out if this could also cause the bike to lean to the left also.

Thanks,

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2011, 5:11 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick12
I put my K1200 S (2009) on my trailer and tied it down. When I got to South Carolina, I had a problem with the bike flashing "Brake Falure" The brakes are fine, I think that I damanged the Wheelspeed Sensor. Now after back home and riding around it feels like the bike is leaning to the left all the time. This causes a very bad ride, because I am always trying to correct this feeling. I never had this problem before.

Could the Wheelspeed Sensor cause the bike to lean to the left? The speed sensor is on the left side of the bike.

I'm ready to ride, but I always feel like the bike is leaning to the left.

Any advice as to what it can be?

When I put the bike on my trailer I did cause a small rub on the Wheelspeed Sensor, just trying to find out if this could also cause the bike to lean to the left also.

Thanks,

Rick
Wheel speed sensor could affect the ABS to the point where it has a fault. However, the lean-to-the left wouldn't be the sensor. Physically unrelated. I suspect that the way you tied things down may have caused some distortion on the suspension. I'd review where you tied things down and see if there's any evidence of the anchor point on the bike now being misaligned.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 2011, 5:48 am
Addict

First there is the rear drive wheel bearing to check. If that bearing was wearing badly, a hold down could have pushed the wheel badly out of alignment which includes the ABS ring and wheel sensor. What started out as a wheel sensor problem could be a rear drive bearing fault and the ABS warning is just letting you know!

Check the rear wheel for play at several positions and listen to see if it runs around free without bearing noise. Check the rear sensor clearance at several positions of the wheel unloaded then with a pillion sat on the bike.

Second, the swingarm bearings on the rear were already worn and getting notchy. Then by tieing down the bike, the swingarm got twisted and took up a new misaligned position.

With the rear shock unbolted and the swingarm hanging free, check there is no side to side play and it moves up and down smoothly.

As Ray says, you could have distorted something else. I'm just drawing attention to scenarios that could make the bike unsafe to ride. The checks are fairly easy to do and give peace of mind.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode