K75 leaking rear-end fluid - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2012, 12:30 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K75 leaking rear-end fluid

A week ago, my K75rt developed a leak in the rear end. . .noticed it on the wheel. Enough to make a small "puddle" on the wheel. Since the machine is on the center stand 95% of the time, the leak has to be coming from inside the hub, then dripping down. I think.

So.

a) I assume there is a seal of some sort that the axle runs through.
b) If so, how do I get the rear disk off and the hub apart? There are two (what look like brass) screws in the middle of the disk which I assume holds the disk to the hub, but they are pretty snug.

Maybe I'm way off base here and somebody can line me out. . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2012, 6:25 am

The screws at the brake disc must be heated, as it fixed with Loctite.

The seal can be levered out with a srewdriver, take care with the surface the sealing lip runs against.
Use a awl or similar to puncture the seal between the lip and the molded in sheet metal.

Or cut away the sealing lip, drill some small holes in the sheet metal and use self tapping
screws.......put some soft paper or similar on the rear side to catch the drill shavings.

Use a wood block and hammer when mounting the new seal, some have used a tape roll of suitable diameter.

Inge K.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode