2001 k1200rs absii - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2012, 5:47 pm Thread Starter
Noob

2001 k1200rs absii

I has a front brake hose fail and am replacing it. My question is do I need to pull the front brakes and use the BMW special tool to retract brake pistons? Or can I just fill her up and pull through with a mighty-vac?
Thanks
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2012, 8:27 pm
Enthusiast

FIll up the reservoir and the new line with brake fluid, use the Mity Vac to assist in bleeding. You do not need to worry about the pistons in the calipers

Mike Kelly

Triple M Engineering

K12RS

Stanley, NC
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2012, 6:54 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Reset abs 2 on k1200rs

after I bled the lines now I have alternating ABS warning lights.
Here is a picture of the abs and connections. Which one is for the ABS that I ground pin 21 because I don't have an ABS switch?
Thanks
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0613.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	13968  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 21st, 2012, 5:10 am
Addict

You are lucky you have ABS II because being simpler, bleeding is easy and there should be fewer problems.

There should be no need to reset anything. OK there is a procedure for a reset on the web, but this should only be necessary in extreme circumstances and is likely to be useless if there is a real fault. So you should start looking for a problem or get the bike scanned for the fault codes.

Alternate flashing ABS lamps is normal behaviour at startup and they go out after a few hundred yards if the system finds no faults.

If you have had the bike laid up some days it is likely your battery is low on charge and the lights will stay alternating, so get the battery fully charged or replaced first. If you remove the battery from the bike to top up the charge, that will clear most faults stored in the ECU's but you will need to do the TPS throttle reset when you reconnect the battery and do not forget there are TWO black ground wires connected to the battery negative terminal.

Since you have been changing the hoses at the front, check the front wheel ABS sensor and wiring for any damage and whilst you are there, check both front and rear wheel ABS sensor gaps.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode