Evans Waterless Engine Coolant - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2012, 3:26 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Evans Waterless Engine Coolant

Have a look at this (Bob RFW?) and anybody? I cannot see the downsides, unless it is extremely expensive: (found price circa £64 for 5 litres)

http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/faqs.html

OP link came from here:
http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25988

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by voxmagna; Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:35 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2012, 9:58 pm
JCW
contributor

As I recall, viscosity is high. Could be a problem in winter. Particularly since motorcycle water pumps are not the most robust things.

Water has a higher heat capacity and can transfer more heat than Evans. The use of Evans won't lower your engine temps but is used to eliminate boil-over.

Evans is simply 100% propylene glycol (plus their own secret corrosion inhibitor package). Instead of ethylene glycol, standard automotive antifreeze. PG is less toxic.

Evans is not unique. Engine Ice, Amsoil coolant, and even your Peak antifreeze Sierra brand also use propylene gycol but at various %'s and additives. Engine Ice and Amsoil I believe is mixed with DI water which is supposed to remove 99% of all impurities in water.

Lifetime fluids always are questionable to me.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda

Last edited by JCW; Dec 21st, 2012 at 10:24 pm.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 6:35 am Thread Starter
Addict

Thanks I discovered it was based on non-aqueous propylene glycol. At 100 percent it seems like it has the viscosity of treacle.

From what I read it is an eco variant of ethylene glycol. To me that sounds like putting in 100% Ethylene Glycol and paying less.

What I was expecting but have not found is this product is not actually water based and therefore would be inert and not need any inhibitors. Then I read conflicting information that propylene glycol is mixable with water and is used as an Eco alternative to the normal ethylene glycol.

Still thinking about the high viscosity for the generic, I wonder if Evans have found a non-water based solvent for propylene glycol. They say to use their stuff you have to buy their own flushing solution to eliminate water from the cooling system before putting in their coolant.

Lifetime to me would mean a product that does change its pH over time, absorb contaminants and remains totally inert to the mixed metals in the cooling system for many years.

Replacing a coolant mix with conventional 50/50 water glycol every 2 years or so certainly makes sure you keep the corrosion inhibitors active.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2014, 12:37 pm
Noob

Evans

I have been running Evans more than a year in my bmw car 318 ti
Great stuff no pressure, corrosion or head gasket issues
Boils at 375 F

I have had a hose with a cut and since this has no pressure did not lose everything or boil over
Biggest problem need to order by mail

Just changed over my 1992 k75 and it works great, no issues at all

About to change over my 2000 k1200 LT next
All I can say it takes the water corrosion thing out of the equation

My car runs a steady 205 - 210 through summer and winter
You can open the cap when it is at full temp, not even a hiss when you open it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode