Hall Sensor failure - wiring vs sensor fault? '85 K100RS
After intermittent cut-outs while riding i heat tested my Hall Sensor (HS) today and that produced the problem.
Cooled the HS, problem gone. Repeated several times with same result.
Got on the phone to Motorworks for a used HS unit.
Have read somewhere that it's not actually the sensor that's likely to fail but the wiring with insufficient or degraded heat insulation. Does anyone have any knowledge of whether this can be rectified at reasonable cost (and skill)?
Look forward to any input.