System case multi box locking thing question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2013, 2:18 pm Thread Starter
Noob

System case multi box locking thing question

Greetings!
I'm a proud new owner of the K 1200 RS 1998 which I love! Recently I got home from a long trip, and noticed that the left system caseI was gone, along with everything inside (DSLR, Lenses, ext)...OUCH. I have recently found out from the forums that those things can come off, and have made a latch system on the right case that will prevent it from doing so in the future. Now all I need is a new left side case.

Got a great deal on eBay to custom painted lids, which are on their way. Order the new left system case inner shell, but found out that the system case multi box locking mechanism doesn't come standard on the shell, and you have to order it separately.

Now I'm not rich, and the locking mechanism is 200 bucks. I've been trying to find a deal on a used one, but they're pretty rare out there. My question is I found this locking box mechanism in the picture I'm attaching on the Internet. guy says it was taken from a 2003 K 1200 RS system case. I understand the cases on 2004 K1200RS mounting points are different than the 1998 K, but not after doing some research it appears that the multi box is the same on both the bikes and and most other Kbike system cases.

Anyway, this thing is going for about $100 so I was ready to pull the trigger, then I took a closer look at the picture. Though the multi box looks very similar, the latches that come out look very different, and appeared to be incompatible with any system case I've seen.

I guess my question is does anybody recognize this multi box in the picture? Will it fit on a normal K-12 system case, or can it be modified to fit? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I love my brick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!rQFHZ+9FDBrBR-QW(Uefg~~60_57.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	477.4 KB
ID:	14263   Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!roFHloEbw+BBR-QWTovPw~~60_57.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	487.0 KB
ID:	14264  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode