Reduced Fuel Economy - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 2013, 2:38 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Question Reduced Fuel Economy

On my '06 K1200S at about 29500 km, the fuel economy slowly reduced from 4.8L/100 km to 5.2L/100 km. I was on my way to BMW Motorrad for the 30,000 km service so I figured after the valve adjustments and service, the declining fuel economy would be corrected. However, on my 350 km ride home, the fuel economy continued to worsen. When I parked my bike at home, the fuel economy had reduced to 5.6L/100 km. I am baffled why, within a 1000 km, my fuel economy would go from 4.8L/100 km to 5.6L/100 km. Any ideas what could cause this drastic change in fuel economy? The bike sounds and performs as good as ever and I am not riding the bike more aggressively than normal. The weather has been between 33 and 38 Celsius where I have been riding. The air filter was not changed during the 30,000 km service and the valves did not need adjusting; they were within acceptable ranges. There were a ton of bugs on the bike. Could it be that the air filter is clogged? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank-you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode