Aeroflow windscreen instructions - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 12:05 am Thread Starter

Aeroflow windscreen instructions

I picked up a used aeroflow for my 2000 K12RS. I'm having trouble figuring out how the brackets go. I keep trying fitups but when the windshiels arms move down, if you don't have it right they want to scratch the paint so I'm trying it fairly tentatively. I've e-mailed aeroflow but no response as of yet. I've searched the new but found nothing. I've searched the archives here but there have been no discussions of how to put it on except comments that the instructions provided by Aeroflow are excellent.

Does anybody have their instructions handy that they could scan and e-mail to me?

Thanks,
Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 8:56 am
Addict

not sure i still have my instructions, but i still have the windshield mounted on the bike, need a couple pics?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 9:19 am Thread Starter

Pics would be a big help. You can e-mail them to me at [email protected][remove]adelphia.net. I've tried the brackets with the foot on the top and they don't seem to stop the windshield before the screws hit below. And the foot brackets don't seem to fit on the bottom. I'm starting to think I've got the hardware for a post 2002 bike. Thanks, Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 1:48 pm
Addict

pics emailed, let me know if I can anything else, Jim
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 3:45 pm Thread Starter

Jim,
Got them. THanks. Those look like the screen I have. Now I'm thinking I have the right one again...just to be sure, what year is your bike? I looked at your profile and realize there is no place to put your bike year and model. On the Oilhead discussion group I below to this is imperative because there are so many varieties of oilhead that you always have to ask first what bike you're talking about. Moderator, should we add this to the public profile?

Anyway, thanks. I notice you're about a month older than me. Let me know if you still feel ok in Nov. :-)

I'm headed to work now. Will give the install another try tomorrow.

--Jerry
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 3:49 pm
Addict

i have a 1998 k1200rs
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 3:50 pm
Addict

feel ok? dam im just hoping i still feel anything then!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 4:01 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmm
i have a 1998 k1200rs
Excellent. There is still hope I can get this installed. Update tomorrow morning. --Jerry
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 4:49 pm
Addict

I think you will like the shield its a lot quieter and blocks a lot of wind. Watch over tightening the plastic screws. Other then being rather ugly I love mine! Instructions said to not exceed 80mph. I have hit 125 with it in the down position tho.Hate to think what would happen if it flew off at that speed.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 1:10 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephejl
Jim,
I looked at your profile and realize there is no place to put your bike year and model. On the Oilhead discussion group I below to this is imperative because there are so many varieties of oilhead that you always have to ask first what bike you're talking about. Moderator, should we add this to the public profile?
--Jerry
Jerry, go to the User CP, and select "Edit Signature". Put your bike info in there in any form you like, as creatively as you want to be. Bit more flexible that way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode