2006 K 1200 GT ABS reservoir top up?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 2016, 8:35 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

2006 K 1200 GT ABS reservoir top up??

I was replacing my front brake pads and when I was working on the right calipper one of the pistons popped up and got stuck so I could not push it back. Stupid mistake...

I then removed the calipper to work on the cylinder and i put it back but in the process I lost some brake fluid. I noted that the level in the handlebar master cylinder did not drop so most of the fluid seem to have come from the ABS reservoir. How do I access this and top up the brake fluid before i attempt to bleed the system?

I remember on my 2006 K1200S it was under the seat, but do not know where is it on 2006 K1200GT?

Any tips/suggestions on how to go about bleeding the system is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2016, 12:19 am Thread Starter
Rookie

I found it behind the left side faring

I topped it up. bled the calliper several times until no air could be seen in a clear hose. I kept on topping up the ABS reservoir and i did add a bit on the handlebar reservoir and all is back in business. I am watching my right calliper to see if i have any leaks on that cylinder that i took out and the banjo bolt as I reused the crash washers.

It actually was very easy to overhaul and check the callipers. I may do them completely this winter as i've seen uneven wear on the pads, although this could also be caused by dirty sliding pins.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode