Dunlop tires - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 7:22 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Dunlop tires

Is anyone using Dunlop #208 tires on their late model KRS? I believe these tires are being phased out by the "Qualifier" model. Any reply is welcome, wear, handling, etc.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2006, 8:29 am
Addict

I once saw a spreadsheet giving feedback on all different tires from users with them fitted on the KRS. The Dunlops came out pretty good on general purpose touring and for wear, but my dealer doesn't stock them out of choice and they don't seem top of the list here.

So I'm also interested in feedback from anybody riding on them.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2006, 12:56 pm

New front tire

Hi im getting a new qualifier fitted today to the front i will let you know how it works out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 7:55 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
Is anyone using Dunlop #208 tires on their late model KRS? I believe these tires are being phased out by the "Qualifier" model. Any reply is welcome, wear, handling, etc.
I've been using them on my Duc for years and will continue to use them, but I can only get 3,500 miles out of them before they're toast.

A friend of mine did mount a set on his KRS and had alot of fun with them in the twisties while he was up in Utah on vacation.

These tires are great on a sportbike that's only 400LBS. They weren't made for a heavier bike like the KRS. They're very soft and stick like glue in the turns.

They'll be fun if you mount up a set but don't expect to get too many miles on them. Try to stay off the open road as much as possible in order to minimize the wear and get into the twisties ASAP.

Jerry
K1200RS
Ducati 996
KLR 250

Last edited by BMWorDuc; May 10th, 2006 at 8:01 am.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 12:57 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorDuc
I've been using them on my Duc for years and will continue to use them, but I can only get 3,500 miles out of them before they're toast.

A friend of mine did mount a set on his KRS and had alot of fun with them in the twisties while he was up in Utah on vacation.

These tires are great on a sportbike that's only 400LBS. They weren't made for a heavier bike like the KRS. They're very soft and stick like glue in the turns.

They'll be fun if you mount up a set but don't expect to get too many miles on them. Try to stay off the open road as much as possible in order to minimize the wear and get into the twisties ASAP.
Jerry
Thanks for the detailed info. This is what I needed to know.
I think I will shy away from them and stick with what works for me.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2008, 9:00 pm

With out doubt this is the "WORST" tire i have ever used, after 5000+ K's the qualifier has the worst cupping and poorest handling i have ever had no what air pressure you put in them! Stick to michelin, metzeler, bridgestone, pirelli...!!! But not DUNLOP!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode