Uploading Photos - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2006, 4:23 pm Thread Starter

Uploading Photos

Help,

I know I can upload photos to the site, but how do I reduce the size of the photos on my PC. My normal image size is around 5m (8Mpixel camera). I want to upload existing photos but need to store them at a lower resolution so I can upload more than one.

Thanks,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 3:32 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipenslippers
I know I can upload photos to the site, but how do I reduce the size of the photos on my PC. My normal image size is around 5m (8Mpixel camera). I want to upload existing photos but need to store them at a lower resolution so I can upload more than one.
Didn't your camera come with a basic image editor or something similar? Image editors will have a 'resize' function, which will do the job. I always resize mine to 800 pixels wide on the longest axis; gives decent detail, doesn't take too long to load up for people on dialup (like my computer at home ), and won't occupy too much space on the board's disk.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2006, 3:38 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks Carnadero, I do have an editor but I've never played with it. I'm sure it will have a resize function. Now, where is that camera software manual again?

Cheers, Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 1:44 pm
Addict

Pipenslippers, I've been into digicams since they first came out and most camera software sucks.

Download this little free goodie and enjoy.

Your picture 'size' for posting should be set to around 800 pixel wide by 600 pixel high under the resize/resample option. When you save the file as 'medium compressed jpeg', give it another name so you don't destroy the original and check its new file properties say it is about 40-80 Kb (That's kilobytes) stored on your disc. Then upload. You will never need much more than this program, so upload and show us your pics.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 3:14 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Pipenslippers, I've been into digicams since they first came out and most camera software sucks.

Download this little free goodie and enjoy.

Your picture 'size' for posting should be set to around 800 pixel wide by 600 pixel high under the resize/resample option. When you save the file as 'medium compressed jpeg', give it another name so you don't destroy the original and check its new file properties say it is about 40-80 Kb (That's kilobytes) stored on your disc. Then upload. You will never need much more than this program, so upload and show us your pics.

http://www.irfanview.com/
Thank for that. I've downloaded it and will have a play with it tomorrow. This photo business is a bit complicated for a technothickie like me. Give me some nice simple rocket science any day...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 3:08 am
Addict

I'm afraid it's got that way now. If you want a simple reliable camera, you need one that doesn't use a rechargeable battery that goes flat. I'm still keeping my Pentax K1000! I keep a cheap disposable camera in my top box just in case I need it on the road for 'evidence'.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode