GS-911 scan tool help- anyone in DC Metro (NoVa region) - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 28th, 2018, 9:42 am Thread Starter
Noob

GS-911 scan tool help- anyone in DC Metro (NoVa region)

I am troubleshooting Brakes issues - ABS failure most likely and was wondering if anyone would be nice enough to help me scan my K1200GT for error codes with their GS-911 or similar tools.
I am in Northern Virginia (NoVa) region in Washingtong DC area.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 10:19 am
Noob

GT Brake issues

Hi:

I am in Richmond and have two BMWs, and I have a GS-911 scan tool.

I recently purchased a 2006 K1200GT and it has 'brake failure' flashing messages. I am methodically trying to diagnose using the GS-911 and scouring the forums for more info. Have also talked with service mgr at Morton's and several others.

I am also aware of the progress being made by Module Masters - they are on the verge of being able to refurbish these ABS units, I think for $750 with a significant warranty (5 yrs?).

Send me your phone in a private msg and we can chat. Two heads are better than one!

Stuart
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2018, 7:05 am Thread Starter
Noob

Hi,
I have heard of Module masters coming up with the fix for this one for at least 2 years and $750 is just not worth for the repaired unit, in my view...
So I am not betting on it.

I did see a nice video on youtube where a guy took it apart.
I think in his case the commutator was worn out and brushes gone... And it could not be repaired...

Right now it seems the motor for my rear pump is a problem and I still have full assist on front brake and I would say 95% of braking.

If anyone can donate or sell for cheap their broken ABS module, please let me know.

I would try to repair and perhaps make one working unit out of two faulty ones... (my bike is 2004 K 1200gt with integrated ABS III unit)
I would post my findings here so others can benefit as well.

Thnaks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 2018, 12:54 pm
Noob

I just checked in with Module Masters - they are waiting for the last part(s) to clear customs. They hope to be rebuilding these iABS units by the end of this month (October).

Last week I replaced all my brake pads and topped up the module reservoirs - still getting fast 'brake failure' flashing along with two codes read by GS-911: Front brake pressure too high, and Rear motor defective. I don't know what else to try before sending my unit to Module Masters.

Stuart
K12000GT, 2006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode