BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K100RS Electrical issue.

959 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JosephMorrow 
#1 ·
Hello,
My issue started with a low battery that led to a stuck starter relay. I purchased a new relay from Beamer Boneyard and all was well. On the first ride after the new relay, I noticed that the headlight and left front turn signal were not working. I purchased new bulbs but no success. The light and signal show no voltage on the multi meter. One fuse was out and replaced, but still no luck.
Is there a relay that could be the issue? The switches seem to be fine.

Thanks,
Trevor

#2 ·
just found this old thread, and as a former owner of two '85 K100RS, my suggestion is to get, read and understand the wiring diagram. It looks like spaghetti at first, but you can isolate and sketch a particular subsystem and study it more clearly.

If the signal wires run through the check relay (forget what it's called exactly) you should know that relay goes bad occasionally. If you study the diagram, you'll be able to apply a couple jumpers that will take care of a bad relay. It's also possible to remove the relay entirely and connect the appropriate wires under the seat for functional turns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.