Master Yoda's Riding Position - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2006, 6:56 pm Thread Starter

Master Yoda's Riding Position

I read all the posts from a few years back and I need to follow the tips on riding position, (thank you Dick Frantz) I ride a K12GT and welcome this information, I thought BMW did not understand the American rider, we or some of us didn't understand the bike, the only point I and my SO coundn't understand (even looking at the pictures) is the back arch, does one arch the back as in hunching over or from the hips sort of pushing your chess out so there is a slight hollow in the center of your back and shoulders back.
Thanks for any help. Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2006, 8:54 pm
Looking for better limits...

Bend at the hips, not at the waist.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2006, 9:02 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

I believe the idea is to arch your back (stick your belly out), rather than bow your back like you would normally think to do when you lean forward to grab the bars. By arching my back, it allows me to sit up straighter which simultaneously takes weight off of my hands and allows me to look forward easier without feeling like I'm looking "up". I have to keep reminding myself to do this. While in the process of reminding myself, I can take all the weight off my hands and even pull back on the grips instead of pushing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2006, 9:27 pm Thread Starter

Chuck, thanks, you nailed it for me.

when I tried riding that way i also pulled back a bit on the bars, relieved the neck pain.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2006, 11:59 pm
Enthusiast

Chuck is right, but I would say while arching the back, rather lift with your diaphragm or belly, not stick it out (course, mine sticks out all by itself...) and listen to the Wizzard (Razel)...bending from your hips, not your waist is key. Sort of like those steeplechase jockeys right before a jump.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Is this why I see so many BMW Riders with big bellies? They've apparently beefed up their stomach muscles with these exercises and really pumped them up. I did not know this...must be a secret BMW thing - glad I'm in da club.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 3:15 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider
Is this why I see so many BMW Riders with big bellies? They've apparently beefed up their stomach muscles with these exercises and really pumped them up. I did not know this...must be a secret BMW thing - glad I'm in da club.

...yes it takes a little practice ...but after about 25000 miles youll want to try the ..advance posistion....its easy...just bring up your right leg first.....kinda hold your ankle and hook it around your neck...now the hard part....do the same with the left ankle...sure its takes a little getting used to...but it works...trust me! ....my wife rides like that....mmmm..ya ...kinda like it..YES!!! shes home....gotta go!

Last edited by BAK04GT; Jun 27th, 2006 at 3:57 pm.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2006, 10:56 pm
Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider

Little known except amongst master riders is that the larger belly is more aerodynamic and causes less drag and better performance. Thus the true origin of the moniker BMW: Belly Mitigates Wind. Well now you know. Cheers
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 2006, 9:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
.......my wife rides like that....mmmm..ya ...kinda like it..YES!!! shes home....gotta go!
Pictures...we NEED pictures!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode