K75 Paralever Conversion - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2006, 12:22 pm Thread Starter

K75 Paralever Conversion

O.K. here's one for the wrenches out there. I have an '86 K75C with drum final drive. I want to convert it to a K11RS paralever rear end with disc (no ABS) and K11 3-spoke rear wheel. I am also wanting to change the front wheel & brakes to the K11 4-piston Brembos w/ floating rotor. Anyone done this before? Is a K11 trans. needed? Am I nuts? Any and all comments, suggestions and criticisms are welcome with open arms. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 2006, 2:06 pm
Addict

Just curious as to what you expect the outcomes to be, because it seems a hard road to go down? Usually if you modify a braking system you have to migrate the whole lot including the master cylinders. Do you just happen to have all the bits and plenty of time? I've tried a few radical modifications in the past and now I ask the question: is it better to sell the old bike and buy a used newer bike with the things I'd rather have. That answer comes from a bit of price research, a pencil and paper - and you don't get your hands dirty!

Over here we have a question on our insurance applications: "Has the vehicle had any modifications carried out?" I think they mean the sort of thing you're planning, not a pair of PIAA's!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2006, 11:07 am Thread Starter

What I am hoping to accomplish is better braking and handling. The bike has accident damage so the opportunity presented itself to do something different that inproves functionality. Initially I was just going to upgrade the brakes and wheels, so I figured why not add the paralever if feasable. 4-piston Brembos w/floating rotors and disc rear end seems a considerable upgrade over 2-piston and rear drum. Especially since better brakes could have contributed to avoiding said accident.

Essentially, I need to replace some of the parts anyway, I'm a tinkerer and I love that bike too much to part with or part out. Can't get enough of the K75 powerplant.

As for insurance we have the same stipulations, but they apply more toward engine upgrades (see craziness below), increased HP or NOS systems.

It's still in the consideration phase, so I'm just trying to feel it out a bit. It may pass eventually... just like the 'I could completely tear it down and bore out the engine to a 900cc, call it the K9 and truely have a one of a kind' phase. Yeah...that one definately passed...unless anyone knows what needs done for that too...

Thanks for the reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Addict

Sounds like a fun job for Winter at the end of the riding season then. Presumably you have a return back to the start point if it doesn't work out. Enthusiasm can take over when you can get a lot of fun from the challenge, so ignore logical reasoning and see how you get on.

I did a tranny 'mismatch' on a cage years ago. It wouln't mate up so we made an intermediate adaptor plate. Most things are possible if you have the time, a bit of cash and access to workshop machining facilities.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode