Originally Posted by Larry
You fellas are assuming I know something about electrical circuits on this bike. :o
Where physically do the wires hook up to on the existing wiring system?
OK, lets start over.
1) You will not connect to the existing wiring to POWER the seat.
2) You can use the stock lighting circuit to CONTROL a relay that is installed in the circuit supplying power to the seat to insure that the seat is OFF when the ignition is turned off and when you are starting the bike.
3) You can hook directly to the battery to make this work simply. But you will have to make sure the seat is manually turned off every time you stop with this set-up, it can be later modified if the thermostat works like you want.
If you want to take a cheap way to try this, get the following:
1)Warm & Safe or Gerbing thermostat for a heated jacket liner with SAE 2-wire plug connectors.
2) SAE fused battery connector(bolts directly to the battery with eye terminals) from Battery Tender or other sources.
3) SAE 2-wire. 12" long trailer plug extension from Pep Boys to use for parts and hook into a jerry-rigged connection to the seat.
Keep us posted on how it works. Sounds like a great idea.