Gel battery put on non-gel charger over winter now I have major probs. any help!!
I made a Major mistake. Just bought 96 K1100RS last year and did'nt know that you needed special charger for gel battery.
I removed battery for the winter(live in Wi.) and installed it 2 weeks ago to find it smoking afer about 20 seconds.
I removed terminal as fast as I could but damage already accurred.
found oxygen sensor wires getting hot so ordered one along with new battery, which Iguess shorted out from charging.
Sounds like fuel pump comming on when I connect on bothe terminals of battery which is not supposed to happen.
Has anyone done this and what was your outcome.
Desperate at this point to see if it is repairable or worth spending the time and money to repair it.
I believe it could be # of parts and possible fried wires.
Thanks for any input.