adjusting idle on k1200rs? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 5:18 pm Thread Starter

adjusting idle on k1200rs?

can anyone advise me as to how to adjust the idle on my 98 k1200rs, it is idling at 2000 rpm and I am new to the BMW K world.......thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 9:46 pm
Enthusiast

might pay to check for air leaks on the throttle bodies, intake boots, and related plumbing.

Mike Kelly

Triple M Engineering

K12RS

Stanley, NC
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 5th, 2007, 3:30 am
Addict

There's no 'adjustment'. First check you have slack in the throttle cable and you can hear a sharp click as the twistgrip shuts off (this is the slides hitting the bottom of the bodies).

The ECU manages the idle rpm to 1K to 1100rpm, making small corrections for lean/rich mixture. If yours is 2K then there's something wrong and the fuel ratio is outside the narrow correction range of the ECU. Check for leaks in the throttle bodies, intake boots etc. Finally, on your older bike (mine's a '97) you may have to change the O2 sensor in the muffler. I did mine at 32K. If that doesn't fix it you may have to get the Throttle Potentiometer Settting (TPS) and general diagnostics checked on a BMW Moditec - 1/2-1hour labor.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode