PowerCone install - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 7:51 pm Thread Starter

PowerCone install

Just installed a Remus Powercone on my K1200S and it touches my BMW hard case. The Remus inst state to apply BMW heat resistant foil to protect the case. ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS ISSUE. Its the end of the Powercone that touches. I tried loosening all the bolts then put the case on, with a 1/4" piece of wood to force the cone down. All this did was allow me to mount the case, as prior to loosening the bolts the case would not go on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 9:48 pm

remus exhaust

You will need to make a small 1/8" thick strap approx 2" long to mount the exhaust.
This will give you plenty of clearance.

buckwheat
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2007, 10:41 am Thread Starter

Strap?

Where does the strap go? Is the strap to protect the case from heat? Does the strap get glued to the case? It would be nice to have a bracket that forced the slip on down. Or should the slip on be slid away from the connector?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jun 8th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Smile exhaust mounting

Tthe 2" strap would go between the torx bolt at the rear mount and the strap mount
that goes around the muffler. this drops the muffler 2.5 -3.0" due to the angularity of
the mount. Look around and find some chrome plated strap material 1/8" x 1.0 or1.25"
. Cut it 2 .0" long and drill a 7mm hole at each end.

I mounted mine in this manner plus adding some insulation to the bottom of the saddle
bag above.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode