2006 Bmw K1200r - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 11th, 2013, 9:37 am Thread Starter
Noob

2006 Bmw K1200r

Finally selling my '06 K1200R. It has all the bells and whistles that came with the bike. ABS, Onboard computer, Electronic suspension Adjustment, heated grips. The couple upgrades are a Akrapovic exhaust and it comes with a tank bag. The only thing that isn't working is the factory alarm system. I would have gotten this fixed but my local BMW shop closed up several years ago and the closest one is about 50 miles away. Oil always changed regularly and garage kept. The most amazing thing about this bike is that it only has 2900 miles on it. The story behind this is that I purchased it used in 2007 with about 1600 miles on it. Three things then happened: I made a US rowing team and found myself training all of the time when the weather was nice (ie good "biking" weather). This continued up until last year. I've also had several illnesses in the family that demanded my attention AND the couple of guys that I used to ride with either moved away..or got out of their bikes. So, after a couple of years of minimal use, I've also decided to sell. I'm thinking about getting back into "dirt" biking. I'm located in southern NJ. Would like to get $6500. Contact Drew at [email protected] for more info, pictures, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0022.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	14137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0778.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	14138  

Last edited by drewp; May 11th, 2013 at 11:28 am. Reason: price drop after reading some posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2013, 12:36 pm
JCW
contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewp
Three things then happened: I made a US rowing team and found myself training all of the time when the weather was nice (ie good "biking" weather). This continued up until last year. I've also had several illnesses in the family that demanded my attention AND the couple of guys that I used to ride with either moved away..or got out of their bikes. So, after a couple of years of minimal use, I've also decided to sell. I'm thinking about getting back into "dirt" biking. I'm located in southern NJ. Would like to get $6500. Contact Drew at [email protected] for more info, pictures, etc.
Cool about the rowing team!!! Any pics you want to share?

Sorry about the rest.

Best of luck with the sale!!! The KR is a cool looking and VERY competent bike.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2013, 3:04 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks, I say "rowing" team, but I actually made the US Men's Dragonboat Team. The team is comprised of rowers and paddlers throughout the US (some ex Olympic rowers and kayakers). I've competed in Europe, Asia, and Australia. Attached is a link to a YouTube video when we won the World Championship in Sydney and set a new World Record in the 500m event. I've gotten some steady interest in the bike....primarily local interest through craigslist, etc. I rode it on a couple of nice days here on the east coast and was having second thoughts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8MJUmT6jFQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2013, 8:10 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Bike Sold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode