FS: 1998 K1200RS being parted out - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2015, 5:11 pm Thread Starter
Noob

FS: 1998 K1200RS being parted out

Unfortunately, my 98 K1200RS met its untimely demise a few months back when an oncoming driver turned left in front of me and I'm now parting out what's left of the bike.The bike had about 95K miles on it, and I'm located in Gainesville, FL. I don't expect to make a lot off these parts, but I had to buy the entire bike back from the insurance company to get my Staintune exhaust and Sargent seat, and I'm mostly just trying to clear stuff out now and hate to see good parts go to waste. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if it's available. Below is a list of a few key items that I feel may be useful to someone.

The entire drivetrain is available, and while I know the mileage is high, it would be good for someone looking to swap in some rebuilds and not have to wait on their parts being rebuilt.

The ABS system was working perfectly, so anything needed from it should be available.

The fuel tank and pump assembly all survived, and it's the newer version with the locking ring rather than bolts to correct the warped flange and leaks.

The rear wheel and tire is still good. I believe the tire is a Metzeler but I'll have to double check that.

The OEM hard side luggage is available and wasn't on the bike at the time of the accident. The previous owner had drilled some holes in the tops for bungee tie downs, and the left case has some damage near the cutout for the exhaust canister, but these can be had very reasonably depending on your location and will include the key for locking them.

As I said, if there is anything else you're looking for, feel free to ask!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2017, 7:44 pm
Noob

Is the exhaust for sale? Ray 612-709-1397
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 2017, 7:58 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Sorry, the exhaust was sold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode