All Right Then an R12S It Is - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2007, 7:24 pm Thread Starter

All Right Then an R12S It Is

Since no one is using this Forum section I'm going to ramble on about my bike

After 6 months of research and test riding and thinking and driving my wife crazy, I traded my K bike for an '07 R12S four months ago. There is a deep level of satisfaction in making a good decision. Not that I didn't like my K bike. It was a great bike. I just wanted something lighter, more agile and more suited to my preferred riding. TWISTIES!

For me the R12S is about the fusion of old and new. It feels like tradition developed to a whole new level, a true motorcycle; pure, raw and real. When you start it, the whole bike trembles under you like a wild animal. Like it should come with a warning label that says "don't put your finger too close to the cage" but then it moves out soft and sweet like a kitten. It pulls strong off of the bottom and really comes alive at 5k rpm. It's seriously fast for a twin that really doesn't seem to care what gear your in, pull the throttle and she's off. The fueling is spot on and the suspension is exceptionally good. Firm, solid, controlled comfort. All the stability of my K bike but weighing almost 200lbs less, much faster reflexes with much better turn in. The brakes and in particular the ABS are way better and never intrude. It takes a whole lot to get the pegs down, you can do it but I find that I never really have to lean it that far over when I'm carving fast with my sport bike friends. As a pure sporty road bike, in my opinion, it has no equal.

So, I've hade 6 road bikes and this is the first one that gives me butterflies in my stomach when ever I open the garage door. It makes me smile every single time I ride it.

Ramble over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2007, 9:23 am

Nice post - enjoyed reading it.

I wanted to like the R1200S - love the looks & tested it out before picking up the KS. Interesting that the same characteristic that get you excited about the bike turned me off. Ultimately, my riding needs/wants (and lack of twisty roads close by) dictated a different choice.

Hope the bike keeps you excited for many years.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2007, 2:18 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinC
Nice post - enjoyed reading it.

I wanted to like the R1200S - love the looks & tested it out before picking up the KS. Interesting that the same characteristic that get you excited about the bike turned me off. Ultimately, my riding needs/wants (and lack of twisty roads close by) dictated a different choice.

Hope the bike keeps you excited for many years.

You made a different choice but a good one! We live in a great age of many truly outstanding bikes to choose from. In my opinion the K12S is up there with the best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode