R1200s - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:27 pm Thread Starter

R1200s

Take a look at this...and take a close look at second pictures right side..the 'flow' of new Beemers and when they are supposedly to enter market.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:57 pm

R12S Video!

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html

Kjell,

Went over to the BMW international Modorrad website today looking for anything related to the upcoming GT.

Didn't have that, but if you glance over to the right and check the quick series of pictures that flash by, you will see a tease type picture of the new R12S in red! Click on that (you have to be nimble with your mouse) and up pops a pop-up with a video of the R12S.

It's a fleeting thing with just a glimpse of the bike going by on a race track. Ironically, from the front I seriously that they made a mistake and it was a K-S flashing by. The resemblance is uncanny; both have the turn signals in the mirrors and the headlight looks like it was lifted right from the K-S.

Have a look-see.

Miles
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2005, 1:09 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller
http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html

Kjell,

Went over to the BMW international Modorrad website today looking for anything related to the upcoming GT.

Didn't have that, but if you glance over to the right and check the quick series of pictures that flash by, you will see a tease type picture of the new R12S in red! Click on that (you have to be nimble with your mouse) and up pops a pop-up with a video of the R12S.

It's a fleeting thing with just a glimpse of the bike going by on a race track. Ironically, from the front I seriously that they made a mistake and it was a K-S flashing by. The resemblance is uncanny; both have the turn signals in the mirrors and the headlight looks like it was lifted right from the K-S.

Have a look-see.

Miles
Thanks Miles....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2005, 1:55 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller

Have a look-see.

Miles
Here is the clip in Windows media format. Approximately 690KB.

r1200s

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Thanks Randy; transferring the clip to the windows media makes it real easy to check the video and pause at the right moment to check the front end of the new R bike. Doing that, it looks even more like the yellow/black K-S! Guess BMW wants to have a clear and somewhat equal identity for their new sport motorcycles.

And you know what this is going to lead to between the Pelican folks and our K-S riders!? hmm, hmm, grin-grin; an even greater competitiveness than we had with the RS/R11S debates that sometimes went on. But, this should be fun.

Have to say, based on the ST we have, that with a dollop more horsepower and some weight shaved off the new R12S, that bike should be right up there with the likes of the more sporting Ducati twins. We shall see. And it will sure be interesting to see the performance comparisons between the new R-S and the K-S.

Looks like Dr. Curve is already lined up to receive one of the first R-S's; don't know whether he plans on keeping his K-S, though.

Oh, one other thing, that fork brace in the clip of the R-S indicates a telelever front suspension. Inevitable comparisons between that set-up and the Hossack (duo-lever) front suspension on the K-R/S?

Miles
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2005, 7:33 am Thread Starter

...and even some more 'still' pictures

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Good for you Kjell! I'm always amazed at what some of you folks can do with the internet. That first "still" picture shows exactly how close the resemblence is between the K-S and the new R-S from the front. The only give-away are the big cylinders protruding from the side on the R-S.

I think this look will appeal to the more performance oriented boxer fans than the slightly unorthodox look of the ST what with its stacked headlight arrangement. Frankly, I like this approach that BMW took with the ST; it is distinctive and a bit daring, but I don't think it would fly on a an "S" type motorcycle.

Now, if we can get BMW to show us the rest of the R-S; especially the back; wonder if they are going to go with the underseat exhaust like the R11S has and that a lot of folks thought should have been included on the K-S.

By the way, my guess is that the R-S will be the big news for the Milan show. You don't suppose they would introduce both the R-S and the GT at the same time? Can't predict their actions on all these new motorcycles arriving so close together. Pretty exciting time for new BMW bikes!

Miles
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2005, 12:46 pm Thread Starter

You asked for it Miles..... ..spy-shot from the aft

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2005, 6:21 pm

We will know soon!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1200S.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	485  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2005, 9:54 pm

Thanks BMTrevR and Kjell,

Guess that answers that question. Bike looks small/light/low and the shock looks like an Ohlins; maybe not, figure it will come with the esa option.

I'll wager that there will be optional saddlebags and probably the same ones we have on the K-R/S.

The hexheads have proven very fuel efficient (assuming the higher hp won't eat into that) so my guess is they will stay with the small 4 gal. tank.

Yeah, it will be interesting seeing the "official" pictures in a few days.

Miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode