2007 R1200S Comfort (Or Lack Thereof) - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 2007, 8:50 pm Thread Starter

Question 2007 R1200S Comfort (Or Lack Thereof)

I love the looks of the 2007 R1200S but when I took one for a test ride, I couldn't get over how uncomfortable the bike was. The handlebars are wayyyyy to low me me. I felt like I was doing a push-up all the time. Does anybody make handlebar risers for that bike? If so, has anybody installed them and what are your thoughts regarding any improved ergonomics?

Thanks,

Flash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2007, 5:28 pm

If you are holding yourself up with your arms when you ride, don't buy a sport bike. You will hate it, even if you find risers. It's a common issue for many people but if you try to ride a sport bike like a cruiser or a touring bike you will be incredibly uncomfortable.

I carry very little weight with my arms when I ride. Remembering that the lighter the touch on the bars, the better the bike will handle. I try to look for 1/3rd, 1/3rd, 1/3rd between my legs, butt and arms so I can shift my weight accordingly. It may have to do with your posture. Try keeping your back straight, you arms and neck loose and rolling your pelvis forward. (this really worked for me when I was having back/neck pain) This will shift more weight onto your legs and off your tail bone and wrists.

I find my R12S is way more comfy than my K12RS. I can ride it all day and have done 300 mile stints of aggressive carving and felt fine afterwards but that's just me. I'm 6'1" 200lbs and 45 yrs.

Cheers

Steve
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2007, 12:31 am Thread Starter

Well, I fell in love with the R1200S anyways and bought one. This bike looks like a work of art to me. I love it!

Flash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2007, 2:34 pm
aal

Flash, how are you still liking the bike? Have you gotten used to the ergonomics?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2007, 1:24 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Yes I have. I put some Verholen Bar Risers on her and absolutely love the bike now. I couldnt be happier.

Flash
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2007, 10:20 pm

Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash1034
Yes I have. I put some Verholen Bar Risers on her and absolutely love the bike now. I couldnt be happier.

Flash
I bet after you ride a year or so you will like the original setup better.
H

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode