R1200S showroom video - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 3:46 pm Thread Starter

R1200S showroom video

Somebody's first post on Pelican was a link to this video. The link may not last, so another member hosted it on his site:

http://r1100s.altervista.org/R1200S.htm

Here's some frames I pulled out of it:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Thanks for posting the link. Nice to see something more than the BS teaser clip that was going around earlier.

I must say though, I hate the way they produce these promotional videos. Who are they targeting? Everyone I know I (including myself) would rather see a good video "walk around" of the bike to observe the details and some good video seeing and hearing the bike in action on the track and maybe around town.

They can still make a nice production of it but leave out the "quick clip MTV style" edits and stupid sound track. All that does it get people talking about what a dumb video it is instead of getting the buzz they really want which is sparking interest and conversation about the new bike. Refer to the R1200GS HP promotional videos for guidance. That's my 2 cents.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 5:34 pm
Looking for better limits...

OR, maybe that's their objective, to get everyone talking about the video, so other want to see regardless of what's so bad. Doesn't matter to marketing types, they get kudo's for everyone that watches, regardless of the reason.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
OR, maybe that's their objective, to get everyone talking about the video, so other want to see regardless of what's so bad. Doesn't matter to marketing types, they get kudo's for everyone that watches, regardless of the reason.
You may be very right. I thought of that too. Just didn't want to give them marketing fools any validity. I submit that most everyone interested in BMW motorcycles will want to see it regardless if it's good or bad. So since they'll all be talking about it on some level anyway, why not give them something good to talk about?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 7:12 pm
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting the video. I thought it was well put together and enjoyed the music. Maybe BMW would rather you do a walk around when it hits the showroom floor.

Enjoying The Ride. Eddie Layton
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 7:16 pm

OR, maybe that's their objective, to get everyone talking about the video,

Razel has hit the nail on the head.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 8:17 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5lam
You may be very right. I thought of that too. Just didn't want to give them marketing fools any validity. I submit that most everyone interested in BMW motorcycles will want to see it regardless if it's good or bad. So since they'll all be talking about it on some level anyway, why not give them something good to talk about?
Mark, not being a smart ass here...

$$$ (or marks?)

If it's a good, quality video, will that draw any more? All they're interested in is you watching it once. Second or third views won't increase the odds of you purchasing a new bike, and honestly, they're not selling the video.

Sure, I'd like to see one well done...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 2005, 11:03 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
Mark, not being a smart ass here...

$$$ (or marks?)

If it's a good, quality video, will that draw any more? All they're interested in is you watching it once. Second or third views won't increase the odds of you purchasing a new bike, and honestly, they're not selling the video.

Sure, I'd like to see one well done...
I understand your point,...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode