Reviews & Awards for Motorcycle R1200RT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2008, 7:17 am Thread Starter

Reviews & Awards for Motorcycle R1200RT

The R 1200 RT was selected as the "Best Touring Bike" by two major American monthly motorcycle magazines.
In September 2006 the R 1200 RT was named the United Kingdom's "number one motorcycle" by readers of Ride magazine in its annual "Rider Power" survey. In October 2006, the R 1200 RT was cited as the "Best Tourer" for the second year in a row by Motorcycle News in England. The citation read:
The R 1200 RT was awarded the accolade after Ride readers were invited to nominate and assess their favorite bike according to a number of rating categories. These included build quality, engine performance, rider comfort, reliability, handling and overall impressions. The RT which also won the 2005 MCN Best Tourer Award in its first year of production received an overall score of 85.14 per cent, beating 149 other motorcycles to the number one spot.
Over 10,000 readers voted in the survey and each was asked to justify their choice of bike. "Overall this is a brilliant bike, I haven't had so much fun in ages" said one RT owner. A second writes: "I've had no faults, build quality or reliability issues. I'm extremely impressed with my BMW." Other claims that his RT is "the best bike I've ever owned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2008, 6:05 pm
Enthusiast

R1200rt

Bottom line: it is a damn fine motorcycle. Nuff said.

'05 R1200RT, Ruby, as in RED, (current garage queen)
'04 R1150RT, '99 Ducati 748 BiPosto, '93 Seca II, '93 K1100RS, '83 Yamaha Maxim 750,
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2008, 9:54 pm
Enthusiast

Why not just become a supporting vendor and quit placing posts that are obviously ads?

'03 K1200GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode