My Brandy New R1200RT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 11:11 am Thread Starter
Noob

My Brandy New R1200RT

Hello List Members!

Sparked by an email from a list member, I wanted to post a message to say thanks to all those who replied to my queries a few months ago about differences between sport-tourers, especially the K1300 GT and R1200RT. So, at the very end of October, I finally bought an R1200RT. The piccie is of me and the new bike, which I call "Bullet." Since 1 Nov, I've put about 1500 miles on it so far, despite being out of town one week and sick one week. But alas, there's 2 feet of snow outside right now and its still coming down, so I don't think I'll get out on it today!

Shiny Side Up!

Joyce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Joyce and Bullet.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	11398  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 11:24 am
Noob

Congratulations!!! Safe riding!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 12:02 pm
Addict-oholic

Great bike.. It is amazing that you were able to get so much miles in such a shortr time at this time of he year. I have hardly done 100 miles in the past 2 months. I was hoping to get out this week a few days even though it is cold. It's the darn snow and ice.

In the Spring, I will be doing a lot of riding in Eastern CT. I sometimes take the ferry to Block and spend a day riding and sailig. Maybe, we good hook up for a ride one sunny day.?

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 1:15 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flemmings27
Hello List Members!

Sparked by an email from a list member, I wanted to post a message to say thanks to all those who replied to my queries a few months ago about differences between sport-tourers, especially the K1300 GT and R1200RT. So, at the very end of October, I finally bought an R1200RT. The piccie is of me and the new bike, which I call "Bullet." Since 1 Nov, I've put about 1500 miles on it so far, despite being out of town one week and sick one week. But alas, there's 2 feet of snow outside right now and its still coming down, so I don't think I'll get out on it today!

Shiny Side Up!

Joyce
Congratulations Joyce. I struggled with that decision and ended up with a K1300GT. In retrospect, wish I made the selection you did. I am impressed you have been riding so much -- hopefully we have an early spring!
Rob
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 1:54 pm

new bike

Good luck with new bike great bike . I know you with be happy with it and have lot of fun .
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 3:07 pm
Addict

Very Purdy!! and the bike looks nice too!!!!!!

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 6:23 pm
Sooper Dooper Moderator

Joyce, great looking bike, and it looks like you've invested in some good gear also. Being where you are, I'm sure you know how important it is to have good weatherproof gear and a heated vest. Have fun riding and let us hear from you often!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 20th, 2009, 7:12 pm
Enthusiast

R1200rt

Well done Joyce,hope you have lots of safe riding !At least in Australia we can ride all year,downside is we do not have as much terrific scenery as you guys !
cheers Andrew and safe riding !
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2009, 1:33 am
Noob

Another New one!

Hello everyone - since this thread is about a new owner and bike, I thought that I may as well join in!

Well, I bit the bullet and picked up my 09 Blue 1200RT on Christmas Eve.

I have done just on 500 km since then - I am a bit limited in the amount of k's I can do, since i cannot get in to get the first service done until the 15 January 2010.

I have had 6 Beemers previously - but have spent the last 12 years mounted on Trumpies - a Trophy 900 and two Sprint ST's. Great bikes.

First impressions:
  • I love the seating position - tall, upright and commanding are terms that come to mind.
  • The telever front end is awesome! Rough roads just seem to disappear.
  • The front screen is very effective.
  • It goes around corners extremely well! Despite keeping it under 4000 RPM for the first 1000 km, I had no problems in taking both tight corners and sweepers at a good rate of knots.
  • It is bloody good to be back on a BMW again!

I shall post some pictures later on.

Cheers

Tony
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 2009, 6:58 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrykay
Great bike.. It is amazing that you were able to get so much miles in such a shortr time at this time of he year. I have hardly done 100 miles in the past 2 months. I was hoping to get out this week a few days even though it is cold. It's the darn snow and ice.

In the Spring, I will be doing a lot of riding in Eastern CT. I sometimes take the ferry to Block and spend a day riding and sailig. Maybe, we good hook up for a ride one sunny day.?
Riding eastern CT is a fairly regular thing. Always up for riding. Give a shout on here, and we'll see if we can meet up. I ride w/ quite a few friends.

Shiny Side up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode