BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

My Brandy New R1200RT

8K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  mikes-ss 
#1 ·
Hello List Members!

Sparked by an email from a list member, I wanted to post a message to say thanks to all those who replied to my queries a few months ago about differences between sport-tourers, especially the K1300 GT and R1200RT. So, at the very end of October, I finally bought an R1200RT. The piccie is of me and the new bike, which I call "Bullet." Since 1 Nov, I've put about 1500 miles on it so far, despite being out of town one week and sick one week. But alas, there's 2 feet of snow outside right now and its still coming down, so I don't think I'll get out on it today!

Shiny Side Up!

Joyce :snowlaff:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Great bike.. It is amazing that you were able to get so much miles in such a shortr time at this time of he year. I have hardly done 100 miles in the past 2 months. I was hoping to get out this week a few days even though it is cold. It's the darn snow and ice.

In the Spring, I will be doing a lot of riding in Eastern CT. I sometimes take the ferry to Block and spend a day riding and sailig. Maybe, we good hook up for a ride one sunny day.?

#4 ·
flemmings27 said:
Hello List Members!

Sparked by an email from a list member, I wanted to post a message to say thanks to all those who replied to my queries a few months ago about differences between sport-tourers, especially the K1300 GT and R1200RT. So, at the very end of October, I finally bought an R1200RT. The piccie is of me and the new bike, which I call "Bullet." Since 1 Nov, I've put about 1500 miles on it so far, despite being out of town one week and sick one week. But alas, there's 2 feet of snow outside right now and its still coming down, so I don't think I'll get out on it today!

Shiny Side Up!

Congratulations Joyce. I struggled with that decision and ended up with a K1300GT. In retrospect, wish I made the selection you did. I am impressed you have been riding so much -- hopefully we have an early spring!
Rob

#6 ·
Very Purdy!! and the bike looks nice too!!!!!!

#9 ·
Another New one!

Hello everyone - since this thread is about a new owner and bike, I thought that I may as well join in!

Well, I bit the bullet and picked up my 09 Blue 1200RT on Christmas Eve.

I have done just on 500 km since then - I am a bit limited in the amount of k's I can do, since i cannot get in to get the first service done until the 15 January 2010. :wtf:

I have had 6 Beemers previously - but have spent the last 12 years mounted on Trumpies - a Trophy 900 and two Sprint ST's. Great bikes.

First impressions:

• I love the seating position - tall, upright and commanding are terms that come to mind.
  • The telever front end is awesome! Rough roads just seem to disappear.
  • The front screen is very effective.
  • It goes around corners extremely well! Despite keeping it under 4000 RPM for the first 1000 km, I had no problems in taking both tight corners and sweepers at a good rate of knots.
  • It is bloody good to be back on a BMW again!

I shall post some pictures later on.

Cheers

Tony

#10 ·
larrykay said:
Great bike.. It is amazing that you were able to get so much miles in such a shortr time at this time of he year. I have hardly done 100 miles in the past 2 months. I was hoping to get out this week a few days even though it is cold. It's the darn snow and ice.

In the Spring, I will be doing a lot of riding in Eastern CT. I sometimes take the ferry to Block and spend a day riding and sailig. Maybe, we good hook up for a ride one sunny day.?
Riding eastern CT is a fairly regular thing. Always up for riding. Give a shout on here, and we'll see if we can meet up. I ride w/ quite a few friends.

Shiny Side up!

#12 ·
Safe Riding and Riding Gear, et.

chuckwilmot said:
Joyce, great looking bike, and it looks like you've invested in some good gear also. Being where you are, I'm sure you know how important it is to have good weatherproof gear and a heated vest. Have fun riding and let us hear from you often!
Hey Chuck - thanks. But no, I don't have a heated vest. I layer up w/ som thin clothes and the Olympia jacket that is laying on the bike. I'm thinking about heated gloves though b/c the heated grips still aren't quite enough around here. The riding out in CA is bee-u-ti-mous! I'll try to throw a thing or two on here occasionally - it's a fun and informative place!

Shiny Side up

Joyce

#13 ·
Falmouth

Joyce ,sorry but the penny has suddenly dropped.My wife Gabriele and I spent about a week in Falmouth just a bit northish of you a few years ago.Fabulous countryside so lush!Also must admit the food was fantastic Gabriele lived on Lobster rolls the whole time we were in the North East !
cheers Andrew

#14 ·
beauty

flemmings27 said:
Hello List Members!

Shiny Side Up!

What a beauty....and the bike is nice as well....enjoy Ger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.