Penguin Racing 2-day street performance School? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm Thread Starter

Penguin Racing 2-day street performance School?

I'm wondering if anybody has any insight into their 2-day program? I just received a G.C. for the program in June and I'm not sure I know what to expect. The rental bike's a Duck (900s, I think) and they provide rental leathers as well. The basic idea for me is to improve my smoothness when I'm on the twisties. I've never yet done a track day; I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I make the trek to Louden. Any advice is appreciated. BTW, riding at speed and cornering are not an issue, I'm more concerned with reg.s and requirements of the track. Any advice is appreciated, thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2006, 5:20 pm
just saying hey

Hi - I did my first track day last summer with them. The day started with a classroom session that covered the rules for riding on the track and techniques for bike handling. The first on the track session was a "follow the leader" to show the correct line around the track and the remainder of the day was practice sessions (20 minits out of each hour as we were in 3 groups to separate us by experaince level). Not sure about the itinery for the 2 day school but i can recomend Penguin as all the staff were very approachable and helpfull. Again the track rules were covered in the classroom at the beginning of the day, all i had to do was show up and ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode