R1100s Boxer Cup - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 12:59 pm Thread Starter

Smile R1100s Boxer Cup

Who owns a 2005 boxer cup and what mods have you done? Just picked one up on E-bay,cool bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Mechanically, the '05 BCR is virtually identical to all the R1100S models. You do have a head start with a Laser exhaust from the factory, 5.5" rear wheel, comfort seat, and taller shocks (which still aren't too great). Factory accesories like system cases and heated grips are popular. Most mods include Ohlins (or other brands), relocating the clipons and/or footpegs, relocating/removing the cannister, navigation, radar, intake snorkel/air filter, HID lights, and rear hugger.

You'd probably see a lot of bang for the buck with the new Power Commander III, which is now made for the BMW. Everyone who's installed it is very pleased.

The R1100S Tecnical Forum on Pelican Parts is probably the most fruitfull hunting grounds for information on stuff like this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2006, 8:26 pm Thread Starter

Talking boxer cup

Thanks ,I will use my 1200gt for comfort and long rides. The boxer I will use for short fast trips and track days....Ritt es
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 8:53 am

Moose,
You do not have the full Laser system just the mufflers. You will need to get the other pieces to complete the system. The intake pieces will help. If you want a real mountain bike then drop the rear end gear ratio to 3:1 and that thing pull your GT. The R1100S has so many options, you can mod till your hearts content.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 4:44 pm Thread Starter

Question Intake ?

What intake pieces? The the y-pipe is on its way and the ohlins will be on soon. How about rear set pegs, do they help or do you think I should save my money?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Talking

Don't worry about the pegs. Look to San Jose in Calf. for the super snorkle, power filter, and intake. They sell an intake kit for the bike. You really need a matching laser chip unless you add the timing module to the PCIII. You can get cams, valves, pistons, whatever. Speed is just a matter of money. The most of this stuff is for midrange punch. I'm telling you the cheapest bang for the buck is the lower rearend. Steve is right about finding whoreds of info on that website.
I have a carbon fiber snorkle, SJ powerfilter, Full Laser Race exhaust w/ chip, and a K12 regulator, and a 3:1 rearend. I'm building another motor and I will put the PCIII into the mix with it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Good advice on SJBMW. Chris, the owner there, is probably the world's premier boxer builder. He built the bike Brian Parriott successfully campaigned on, including winning Daytona. He'll be very honest with you about what to expect for the different performance mods and can give you a good gameplan based on your budget and goals. He'd be a good guy to discuss chip vs PCIII with. If the Laser chip doesn't adjust the timing, then everything can be done with the PCIII and you can always change it for other mods later.

On my bike he warranteed my rings for an oil consumption problem that wasn't going away (be sure to break that thing in HARD). While he was in there, he suggested balancing the pistons and rods and regrinding the valves to create a 45mm effective diameter vs the stock 44mm. Thing has run noticibly smoother and like a raped ape since. He also has some sort of exhaust accelerators now, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode