R1200S shows up at dealer - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 8:09 pm Thread Starter
Statmaster

R1200S shows up at dealer

Was down at the dealer today. The first of the R1200S bikes have arrived. I didn't have a camera with me (actually, I keep forgetting I have a friggin' camera phone), and didn't get a picture. It was the Yellow/Black paint scheme.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 8:31 pm
Addict-oholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Was down at the dealer today. The first of the R1200S bikes have arrived. I didn't have a camera with me (actually, I keep forgetting I have a friggin' camera phone), and didn't get a picture. It was the Yellow/Black paint scheme.
While at my dealer today, BMW NYC, they showed me the same exact bike still in the crate. They said that this is one "fine racing machine" in the same yellow/black colors. No price as of yet and dated as a 2007 bike.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 8:40 pm
Addict

Prices are here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 9:24 pm
Just saying hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrykay
While at my dealer today, BMW NYC, they showed me the same exact bike still in the crate. They said that this is one "fine racing machine" in the same yellow/black colors. No price as of yet and dated as a 2007 bike.
What the heck??? Are they all going to be yellow??? My dealer is expecting a yellow bike also, and they said the 2nd bike they were getting was "locked" in at manufacturing to yellow as well.

Can wait to get a test drive.....

Picked up my K12S today, but you can never have too many toys....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 5:37 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkosters
What the heck??? Are they all going to be yellow??? My dealer is expecting a yellow bike also, and they said the 2nd bike they were getting was "locked" in at manufacturing to yellow as well.

Can wait to get a test drive.....

Picked up my K12S today, but you can never have too many toys....

I saw the yellow R12S at my dealer today as well. Tried to sit on it - but the 830 mm is to high for me and with no low seat option this bike is out of the question for me.

The R12ST is acctually a better package in my opinion. Only 15 kg heavier, better wind protection and also better torque. Only downside is the ugly front.

/Michael
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Just saying hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratemut
I saw the yellow R12S at my dealer today as well. Tried to sit on it - but the 830 mm is to high for me and with no low seat option this bike is out of the question for me.

The R12ST is acctually a better package in my opinion. Only 15 kg heavier, better wind protection and also better torque. Only downside is the ugly front.

/Michael

I'll have to see what the seat height feels like.

I agree on the R12ST--If they would restyle the nose it would triple sales overnight.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2006, 9:23 pm
Just saying hey

I bought mine today. It is silver and red. I now have a yellow and dark grey 05 K1200s, and a dark grey 05 K1200lt. I think I'm done buying bikes for a long time. By the way the R1200s may be my all time favorite sport bike. It's not the fastest or lightest sport bike but it's a blast to ride. It's confortable, has good power, great brakes and handles good. A very easy and fun bike to ride.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2006, 6:04 am

Mheck5...how does the r1200s compare to the k1200s? acceleration, handling thru twisties, rider position when aggressive?
Thanks.

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode