New 1200GS strategy.... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 11:24 am Thread Starter
Addict

New 1200GS strategy....

I'm thinking I may want to get a GS from the factory since there is a new incentive. BMW is offering no payments for 7 months if you buy before 2/28/07. Here's what I'm thinking:

Create the bike I want, color, ABS, Heated grips/seat, engine guards, bags and mounts, etc. Then contact several dealers, ok, half the dealers in the country (about 70?) and see who will give me the bestest price.

Assuming the dealer makes 10-13% off the bike and a bit more off accessories, shouldn't there be some competition amongst the group? Or perhaps I'm being naive and they will not budge much on any of the items?

Your feedback?

Gravity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 4:43 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity
I'm thinking I may want to get a GS from the factory since there is a new incentive. BMW is offering no payments for 7 months if you buy before 2/28/07.
Doesn’t sound like much of an incentive to me.
Lets see, defer the payments for 7 months, interest accumulates during that time and is added to the balance (I believe), and add 7 months to what ever date you intended to pay off the bike from date of ownership. I don’t really see the up-side. From BMW’s point of view, they might see it as their own incentive to get more bikes out of the show rooms because on the surface, some consumers may see it as a way to get a new bike now without having the money for it yet.

I prefer the old (2005) incentive program. BMW agreed to MAKE the first 5 payments and offer financing at a very low rate (they did the same in 2006 with a 3 payment plan).
I guess they don’t like to offer that plan anymore. Then again, the GS is their best seller. I wouldn’t think BMW has much reason to offer the consumer a money saving incentive at this time.

However, in sales as in life, what goes around comes around and although they might be eating steak with the profits of today, tomorrows sales may have them slurping boot soup.
(I think Germans like that anyway). Then we’ll see what kind of incentive program they offer.

Mark
San Diego, CA
2006 K1200S
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 10:41 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Interesting perspective. I'll have to read the fine print on that deal before I pull the trigger. Interest accumulatin for a few months isn't that attractive.

Gravity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2007, 3:13 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Here's what I found so far:

120-day deferred payments and the next three payments made by BMW on select '06 models

3 payment program does not apply to 2006 K 1200 S's

Is that the old program? 1200GS is included, not the GSA.

Last edited by Gravity; Jan 23rd, 2007 at 3:21 pm. Reason: reduced the size of the font'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode