R-Bikes Forum - Nice Addition! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:16 pm Thread Starter

R-Bikes Forum - Nice Addition!

Well, this is late; got so absorbed in Pirates darts at the K-S, I failed to even notice the quiet launch of the R-Bike forum

Thanks, Bill, for stepping forward and moderating this little corner of the K-bike world.

Hopefully, some of the R-Bike riders that frequent the board will step up and contribute informative posts and experiences.

Then, there's the folks like myself and many others who do have both the "K" brand as well as the boxer twin in their stable. It seems to me a favorite combination is the RS/GT/S-R/ and the GS; you know, both on-road and off-road.

And then, the inevitable comparisons: should I go for a K-S, but that new GS is very appealing!

There does seem to be a number of reasons for an R-Bikes place on this board even conceding the very specific and excellent boards devoted to each boxer model.

Let the proceedings begin!

Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 6:54 pm
Rookie

Unhappy Carburators-butteryfly flutterby?

I had to rebuild the carbs on my '94 R100 GS because of leaving it under a cover outdoors for two years. (See TANK RUST in Winterizing thread.) Anyway, my butterfly plate-to-shaft screws came with their exposed threads crimped from the factory, which made it NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to remove them without destroying something. (Hindsight: I should have tried a Dremel with a cutoff wheel.) Upon reassembly I used Lock-Tite instead of crimping. It's worked now for two years. But, does gasoline dissolve Lock-Tite? Did I sign my own death warrant?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 8:05 pm
Throttle Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsgettier
But, does gasoline dissolve Lock-Tite?
Check out the Loctite Fluid Compatibility Chart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode