MD Dealers Experience? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 2005, 4:41 am Thread Starter

MD Dealers Experience?

Anyone out there had any experiences with the service departments at Bob's BMW and/or Battley Cycles, both in MD? Any feedback, good or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.

"We deal in lead, friend"
----------------------------
'04 K12RS (capri blue)
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'00 HD Road King
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 10:32 am
Veteran

Thumbs up Bob's BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5150
Anyone out there had any experiences with the service departments at Bob's BMW and/or Battley Cycles, both in MD? Any feedback, good or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.
Yes..I had a very good experience with the service department at Bob's. Though he's expensive but not as expensive as my local dealer..and Bob's has at least (2) Master Certified Techs. At least they(Bob's) know how to put on a tire and bleed the brakes..more than I can say about my local dealer..
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 9:07 pm

Just had my 12k service done at Bob's a few weeks ago. The only problem was getting on their schedule - 3 weeks from the time I booked the appointment until the time I got in.

Everything was done on time and correctly - with several small problems I pointed out fixed as well (replaced ECU and a leaky gasket).

At this point, I'd highly recommend their service department
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 2005, 12:40 pm
Rookie

I've used both. Bob's gave me a 1 month wait, so I went to Battley. I think Battley's customer service is better. Bob's wouldn't sign off on the 6000 service. just because I did the oil myself. Battley did. Bob's probably has the edge in expertise. What ever you do, don't deal with BoB, the owner. The only two times I did, they both ended up with BMWNA complaints.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 10:52 am

Service at Bob's

I just picked up my '04 K12RS from Bob's over tthe weekend after having the ground wire repaired in the headlight assembly (a relatively common problem considering the number of posts found on this site about the same problem). Most all of the folks seem to be quite nice and helpful, but the service writter I was dealing with seemed quite persistant in making it out to be something that I did wrong... I don't remember the whole conversation, but it went something like:

Service: "It's fixed... this is the problem that can happen when people change the bulbs"

Me: "But they are stock bulbs..."

Service: "Well, you must have pushed the bulb in too far when you checked them"

Me: "But I didn't check the bulbs until AFTER they stopped working..."

Service: "I guess the person who had it before you must have done something"

Me: "But I bought it new"

Service: "Then maybe they did something"

Me: "But I bought it from you guys..."

Service: "Well, maybe we did something"

Me: "Have a nice day... goodbye"

In the end, my headlight was fixed at no cost, I just could have done without the "idiot rider" inferences. Maybe he was in a bad mood from an argument with someone else, but an "All taken care of, sorry you had to drive 100 miles to get this fixed... let us know if you need anything else" would have been nice... maybe I just expect too much. By the way, the service tech who did the repair did come out and say hi to me and give me the "thumbs up, good to go, enjoy" possitive attitude that made up for some of it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 1:50 pm Thread Starter

lpbk12,

That's a similiar response I received when I was talking to the service writer about my 12K service. This BMW is my first, so not being familiar with the scheduled services I thought I'd ask a few questions and make the appt. After first finding out my bike was not purchased there, the service perosn proceeded to talk to me like I was an imbecile and that he had better things to do.

I dropped my bike off at Battley today for the service even though it is considerably further from my home than Bob's (about 10 minutes). I'll see how it goes with them.

Bob's parts sales people have always been very helpful and courteous; maybe like you I caught the service writer on a bad day.

'04 K12RS (capri blue)
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'00 HD Road King
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 2006, 7:19 am

bob's or battley's

I've had it done at both places but I would say that I enjoy my experiences at Battley's better. I like the service writers better at Battley's. They have always treated me well and have always corrected any problem that I encountered in performed service. I have bought a few bikes from Battley's so I probably have a slight advantage over the walk-in-the-door customer. Bob's service has been good but expensive.

Jamie
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2006, 1:01 pm
Just saying hey

Never been to Battley's, I've dealt with Bob's a lot in the past. I have to say I've never been treated like an idiot there, even the times I actually was one! Nothing against Battley's, I've never been in there, but I ride past Battley's to get to Bob's and ther service there has never given me any reason to go elsewhere...

'85 K100RT

Brought to you by... Blue Sun: We're not just ubiquitous. We're omnipotent.
And by...
TRUE vinyl records: Saving the world from crappy music, one gig at a time.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 7:37 pm Thread Starter

That's funny, I have to ride by Bob's to get to Battley! Actually, Bob's is about 10-12 minutes from my house and Battley is about 45.

Battley quoted me a lower price on the 12K service than Bob's. I also ended up getting a new front tire and the price was still almost $150 less than Bob's quote for just the service. As I stated before, I have had nothing but good experiences with Bob's parts department and will continue to use them to that end.

'04 K12RS (capri blue)
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'00 HD Road King
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 2006, 9:23 am
Addict

if you're working in customer service you should never mis-treat a customer regardless of how bad a day your having or if the customer really is an idiot or not. leave your attitude at the door and pick it back up when you go home. a piss poor attitude is one way to guarantee to lose my business as i'd rather pay more and go elsewhere than be treated like crap by someone i'm paying money too. i live close enough to go to bob's but i wouldn't waste my time based on the treatment some of you guys have experienced. the internet is a wonderful tool and bad news can travel fast and far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode