Cross Country BMW Metuchen NJ - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 8th, 2007, 2:39 pm Thread Starter

Cross Country BMW Metuchen NJ

This is the BEST dealership I have EVER had the pleasure of doing business with. Call salesman Fabian or Sales manager Scott. You WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2007, 8:49 am

Okay. Whats so great about them?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2007, 8:31 pm
Noob

I have used Cross Country BMW. If you need a tune up, turn around is 1 - 2 days. If you bring in a 1983 airhead, turnaround is 2 weeks to allow for parts delivery. They have a few good mechanics (Joe and Brian) and a few rookies. I like the fact that if they say 2 weeks, you will get a call from them in 14 days. If a rookie messes up, bring the bike in and they fix it immediately if you get there by 4pm.

I bought a $400 riding suit there. When checking out, the woman behind the counter gave me 10% off. A very nice and welcome surprise!

Shop time is a mind numbing $95/hr but they work quickly.

Mary is very knowledgeable about BMW and Ducati bikes. I've been there 3 times and saw her sell 3 Ducati bikes!

My .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2007, 6:00 am
Noob

I've been to Cross Country three times. Joe and Brian are real mechanics. They can fix your 73 airhead or your new bike. I like the fact that they tell you when your bike will be ready ... and it is.

Their shop time charge is a mind numbing $95/hr. They rebuilt both of my carbs, load tested my battery, and did a couple of other things in 2 hours and 12 minutes. They work quickly enough that I don't fret over the final bill.

The negative side: They hire rookies in the shop. This is probably necessary because the summer is busy season for repairs. If a mistake is made, drive to the back of the building and they will fix it immediately. I know this first hand.

I bought a riding suit that was marked $439. The woman rang me up, handed the card back and told me she gave me a little discount. She charged me $399 (10% off). I'm not a regular customer. I'm not young and sexy. That's just how they treat their customers.

I'm going to pick up a new bike today (85 K100RT). I'll ride it this weekend and bring it to cross country next week for a complete service.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2007, 3:55 pm
"Alpha Squirrel" and nutcracker.

Location: The " Jersey Shore" in the mountains of Toms River, New Jersey, USA
They're good guys. I'm, what you'd say more than just a little mechaically inclined, and I've never had any bullshit thrown at me (and I know it when I hear it). Nothing but helpful straight shooting from Joe or Brian. I always wait for my service work and it's never long (I have a long ride and they always accomodate me) Good people.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory.....lasts forever. Shane Falco,"The Replacements" 00'
7.1 and done...06' K1200R-EZ Tuning Exhaust, EVO billet clutch slave, Evo dual race filter kit, Braking 'Wave' rotors and pads, Triton2 tail, Vario levers, Evo peg lowering kit, SW Motech crash bars, R&G sliders full set, Nippy Norman's rear fiberglass hugger, CRG bar end mirrors, ACS shield, RhinoMoto bar end sliders and CRG mounts, Evoluzione o2 modifier, Pazzo "shorty" levers, Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Saddlebags.....
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 5:55 pm
Addict

i've done business with cross country on more than one occasion and for the most part i have been pleased but there was one time i wasn't satisfied. back in 2005 when i was looking to trade in my KRS for the new KS i stopped by CC and the sales person was rude. when i spoke to him he had his back to me with his feet on his desk and said without even looking my 2003 KRS would only be worth 5500 in trade and the price on the S was the price. i had already purchased two two new bikes from CC but because of this assclown i wouldn't be purchasing a third. i've always received great service and treatment from the serrvice department and on more than one occasion they have squeezed me in when i didn't have an appointment. will continue to do buisness with cross country and won't have a problem recommending them. might even buy a bike there since i haven't seen the sales guy that treated me poorly in a long time.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 9:02 pm
Enthusiast

Only problem I see with CC is that the wait for an appointment is 3 weeks... recall work-3weeks, 6k mile service-3 weeks. I just got the EWS replaced and the airbox replaced and they had the bike for one week just waiting for the airbox! Shouldn't have to wait 1 week for a part in this day of overnight shipping. Workmanship appears good as I couldn't find anything wrong after picking up the bike. It's a whole different bike with the new airbox installed!!! Now runs like a $20k bike.

Gary
2007 K1200GT
Dark Graphite Grey
New Jersey-Don't Laugh!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 4:59 pm

A tale of two dealers

When I was looking to buy the 2006 K1200GT, when it first came out, I contacted CC BMW via their web site, asking for quote, etc. Never received a response. Ended up buying the bike from Manhattan BMW.

Now, wanted to buy a new K1300GT. So I called CC BMW. A man answered. Asked to talk to someone in sales. He transferred call. No one asnwered, and I was dumped to voice mail. OK. I left a detailed message, i.e. "I am interested in buying a new K1300GT, etc etc, and I can be reached this afternoon at the following number. . ."

Guess what? Nobody called me back. Not that afternoon or, to the best of my knowledge, over the past 1 1/2 wks.

So I bought a new K1300GT from Manhattan BMW. Story there is I called my previous salesman, who is now the sales manager. He encouraged me to bring the old bike in for a trade estimate, etc etc. I agreed to do so the coming weekend. Even so, he had one of his salespeople follow up with a phone call, two days later, introducing herself, etc.

Congratulations to CC BMW was doing so well that they have no interest in selling motorcycles to potential customers who try to contact them. Beats me.

Don Goldberg
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 6:15 pm
Addict-oholic

Similar to Don, bit a little different. when I was looking for the new then GT, onlyCC BMW had a test demo. I drove almost 100 miles from my home to take the test ride. Fell in love. But, their sales people, said that there were no more bikes until the end of the summer "maybe after labor day". I offered to leave a deposit and hope for the best. No dice.

Went to Manhattan BMW. They said the same, but took a deposit "in case more bikes do come in.." Yep, got a bike a week later.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 11:22 pm
Veteran

My experience was also kind all over the map.. Service has very good, but when I was looking at trading in my R1200R in November for a 08 GT they offered me a $1000.00 less than Hermeys (out in Port Clinton, PA ) on my R12R. They also where offering just the $3500.00 that BMW was giving. Chris at Hermeys gave me a bit more than another $1000.00 off list on the GT and threw in free delivery to my house which is a bit more than 100 miles away from them I figure that was worth at least another $100.00 In any case Cross Country does have a great service dept and they've always treated me well ( and I did buy an R11RT from them a few years back)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode