BMW of Las Vegas - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2007, 11:29 am Thread Starter

BMW of Las Vegas

I can't stand keeping quiet about this any longer and have to say something. Back on September 14th 10 minutes into my trek from Los Angeles to Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, and back, I was rear ended by a drunk. Was able to remove the broken rear fender by unplugging the license plate wire and continuing to Las Vegas for a replacement. I did call half way to Vegas and the manager Dale said he would take care of me. They were booked for the day yet they managed to take a fender off of another K bike and mount on mine and fix the wiring mess of mine that I had done on the Lite-Buddies.
This was not the end of the story as upon leaving LV BMW my clutch started to make a metal scraping noise on release. The next day I returned to LV BMW and left the bike and rented a K1200GT for the rest of my trip. Original diagnosis was I was to get the clutch repaired while I was gone. I have to tell this story because Dale's diagnosis of the clutch failure was due to the transmission being damaged in/on 2 gears. SO HE COVERED THE WHOLE JOB UNDER WARRANTY. Which included the clutch resevoir lever, transmission, and whole clutch assembly.
I'm not good at words, but I cannot imagine enough good to say about the crew at Las Vegas BMW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2007, 11:37 am
Sooper Dooper Moderator

I'm happy for Kenny, but this post brings up a subject I've thought about a couple of times. Do we shoot ourselves in the foot (feet?) when we publish this kind of thing? What I'm getting at is, IS BMW WATCHING? Would they be inclined to look more suspiciously at warranty claims from this dealership after this? Would LV BMW prefer that this not be in print on the internet?

Thoughts anyone?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 2007, 1:54 pm
Let's Ride

My wife drives a BMW X5. I'm always amazed at what they cover under warranty. Things like my wife busting an outside mirror (running into post at a drivethru), in the door window shades (kids playing around with them), new driver's sun visor (wife yanking harshly), etc etc. What I'm saying is BMW (auto) has a no questions asked warranty policy. Maybe the motorcycle division has the same warranty policy?

2006 K1200GT
2009 G450X
2004 KTM525 SX
199? Dune Buggie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode