BMW Daytona Zumo deal - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 2007, 5:16 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Thumbs down BMW Daytona Zumo deal

I worked with Ty at BMW of Daytona for nearly a month waiting for the right bike. I was considering the S, the GT and the R sport, all k-bikes. I was under the impression up to the minute we closed the deal that there would be a ZUMO as per the bmw promotion still up on their website.

I was trying to get him to install the ZUmo for me (promotion didn't come with bracket or install) to seal the deal. He checked with the tech shop and then said the deal was off as of October 22nd.

I was very disappointed. BMW NA failed to take it off their website and apparently BMW Daytona either didn't tell their sales guys or they used it to bait me in.

It's the end of summer and the start of fall, when most riders are preparing to hibernate and hook up their bikes to a battery charger and wait for spring. But at BMW, we're looking forward to riding straight through the seasons. And from this September 15th to October 31st, if you buy either a K 1200 R Sport, R 1200 RT, F 800 ST, R1200 GS, or a K 1200 GT from a participating BMW Motorrad dealer, you can kick your riding up a gear with a free BMW Motorrad Zumo GPS, or a free one day street or off-road training session at the BMW Performance Center.

Lies!!!

Not sure what to do now......

Gravity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 2007, 8:09 pm
Addict-oholic

In any case , Zumo deal or not, if you really want a k bike, get it as the difference is only $500 or so dollars for the Zumo.

I am sure if you are ready to close the deal, they just might throw in a zumo or something else to sweeten the pot!

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2007, 7:34 am
Veteran

I believe your too late to do anything about it now since it's November. Sounds like your dealer was jerking you around if they said the deal was off the 22nd and BMW said it was valid until the end of the month (31st, which seems more reasonable for a sale date to end). You could have called BMW NA and asked them then forwarded the response to the dealer.

Maybe someone in the dealer was looking for a way to get themselves a free BMW Zumo - or profit a little more buy selling the free thing to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2007, 10:33 am Thread Starter
Addict

Ya, could be either. I'm only a little pissed and may continue my rant with BMW NA in the future.

I got a bike at a steal and that's more important to me.

best,

Gravity
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2007, 1:04 pm

If you signed the paper work before the end of the month, I would call BMW NA and say you want your Zumo.

What bike did you end up getting?

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Smile Ty (Waste of Time).

I dealt with TY. What a waste of time. I called about a bike. He said come by the store and he will make it worth my while. I told him that I was interested in a bike. I knew what the asking price was. He never came off of it. What a waste of time and gas.
He is a typical sales person.
I have been down to the Tampa store and had a better experinace.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode