BMW Omaha, Ne - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2007, 1:31 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs down BMW Omaha, Ne

I have spoken to several people who have had bad experiences with this dealer. I dont do business withy them anymore either. Crooks and shabby work. I take my bike to Sioux City now. Dont recommend them at all. Anyone have any bad or good experiences with this dealer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2007, 4:02 pm
Let's Ride

They have treated me well. Jim and Richard are hard working and always make time to listen. David the mechanic is meticulous and will always do the job right. They have stayed open late to finish my bike so I could leave on a trip the next morning. They have "gone to bat" for me on warranty claims. They ride BMW's and host the local Flatlanders Club. I have never used the Sioux City or DesMoines dealers so I can't speak for them, but I have compared service pricing with other dealers in the midwest and they are all about the same rate per hour. WOW, I'm shocked and sorry to hear your disappointment, because the Omaha BMW Dealer has always been their for me.

2006 K1200GT
2009 G450X
2004 KTM525 SX
199? Dune Buggie
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Are you kidding?

I have had nothing but positive experiences there. They are first class. Yours is the first complaint I have ever heard. I ride with the Flatlanders and I have met dozens of people that have nothing but good things to say about. Sure you open your wallet there but that's all part of the BMW experience. I think I got a real fair deal on my 07 Adventure there and now I am considering buying a 07 GT there.

Please explain exactly what your bad experience was.

TIA, Karl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2007, 11:48 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs down

I saw a bike they were selling (04' GT) and bought it from them. The bike had a sissy bar and aftermarket Sergeant seat. I asked if the stock seat came with the bike. Jim (General manager) replied, "You get what I get". When we finalized the sale a few days later. Jim asked if I wanted to buy the sissy bar ($175) and the owner had decided to sell it. I replied that I did not. I inquired about the Sergeant seat. He said the owner kept it and if I wanted it, to call him (I guess figuring I didnt want it and wouldnt call?). Thinking this whole scenario sounded a little fishy, I looked up the previous owner useing the title. He said "it all went with the bike". After having a nice conversation with the previous owner, I contemplated the situation. I decided to tell Jim and Richard about my phone call and after some awkward looks back and forth at each other (have you ever seen that?) the said they'd, 1) look for it, 2)Richard had it on his bike and 3) their asking price was 11k and I negatiated down to $10,800 total for the bike and that "changed things". The conversation was left with them saying that I'd get the seat. Never did, it was never mentioned again.

Next, like a fool, I dropped my cherry 04 GT and brought it to them for repair work. Im not getting into exact details but thy charged me (the insurance company) for parts that were never put on the bike. I told Richard that I wanted all the old parts for the bike, in advance, so in case I ever go to sell the bike, I could show the next owner the extent of the damage. I never got them all, just a few.... Well, after getting the bike home and noticing one of the brand new rubber leg guards (left) was almost ripped in two, I started looking at the bike and the invoice and went in the next morning to confront them and get the parts they charged me for and didnt put on the bike, the old parts and have them fix the leg guard they ripped.

I gave them 2 chances. I went back to them after being decieved. I will now never go back again and will, do as Richard said, spread the word.

I have no problem with the Flatlanders club. Very nice bunch of people. I merely feel it is a diservice not to pass my experiences along to my fellow riders.

I have since come accross several other BMW owners that have experienced the same thing with BMW Omaha which is why I decided to post.

I contemplated selling my bike because of all of this but decided my words will be heard louder as I am an owner of a BMW that takes my bike out of state rather that 10 mins down the road to BMW omaha.

I'd just be leary Karl.

Thanks for asking.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2007, 12:44 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs down A few other notes...

One other thing I forgot to mention. I was on a business trip in Nevada while Omaha had my bike and my insurance agent called me, TWICE. Richard either ordered the wrong or not enough parts. The agent wanted to know what was going on. I apologized and said that I was out of town and had no idea what was going on. Lucky for me, the agent FARMERS, was nice enough to submit two addition checks to me.

I expect more from a BMW dealer, Im sorry. Yes, this is a relatively new dealership, 4 years old? I hope they get it together soon. I also like the mechanic, David, he IS meticulous, as someone mentioned. This is his first dealership and he is relatively new also. No one is perfect and I believe that the ultimate responsibility of quality control falls on the service manager, Richard, who I honestly believe in incompetent.

I was riding BMW's long before BMW Omaha came to town, so its not much of an added inconvenience to take my bike elsewhere for service or order my parts through the mail.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2007, 4:31 pm

I bought my 07 GT there in June. I have 7500 miles now. I had them do the break in for me so the service was done at 600 and again at 6000. I had them install a second powerlet for me and when it was too loose for the Gerbing connection they replaced it again at no charge and at the same time I had them put my Motolights to a switched source because I put it straight to the battery. Richard and Jim are super in my book and I highly recommend them.

Sorry to hear your situation but there must be some explanation.

Michael
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2007, 10:46 am Thread Starter
Rookie

I certainly hope none of you experience what I have experienced with them. Good luck and ride safe.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Thumbs down Bmw Omaha Booooo

Poor service. Dishonest. Wouldnt recommend them to anyone. They wont last long. Their reputation isnt good with many people I have come accross. Even Richard said they cant sell the number of bikes BMW wants and are looking for another brand to sell. BUYER BEWARE!!

Bill
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 2008, 7:01 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thumbs up Resolution

I wanted to follow up on this post. To make a LOOOONG story short, this issue has been resolved in my book. I never posted anything that wasnt true, to my knowledge and want to give the resolution that I have come to with BMW Omaha. I finally sat down with Jim, General Manager. I believe that there were miscommunications between Jim and myself as well as other circumstances that I wasnt aware of. I recieved the seat that I was told came with the bike and hashed out some of my concerns. I think that this dealership was still very new and was still getting settled in. At this point, I think that they are moving in the right direction and are dedicated to customer satisfaction. I freely admit that I expect more from BMW dealership and wont accept unsatisfactory service. I hope we all feel that way. I am satisfied with my talk with Jim. My issues are resolved and I will patronize this dealership and recommend them to others at this point.

If anyone has any specific questions for me. Please contact me.

Pat
04 K1200GT
Orient Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode