Max BMW in NH - What BMW Service Should Be! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 2008, 4:08 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Max BMW in NH - What BMW Service Should Be!

The ABS modulator on my '99 R1100S died and could not be brought back to life w/ any fault code clearing or diagnostic procedures. The modulators can not be rebuilt.

The replacement part from BMW was about $2100! Max offered to discount the part to something in the $1800 range - but still a lot of money for a 9 year old bike (eventhough it is "mint" w/ less than 10K miles).

I found a used modulator with the correct part number off of eBay (for only $65 - a bargain/steal - they usually bring $500 or so) and Max BMW happily swapped out the original one on my bike. The used one checked out fine (after being recoded for my R1100S - the donor bike was an R1150GS).

Max charged only $265 for the entire service (remove and replace modulator plus flush & fill brake system). That's $40 less than my local dealer charged to just flush the system on the same bike a year ago.

These guys at Max BMW 1st Rate and are willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy a customer without turning on the wallet vac every time. Clean shop, professional staff, and a pleasure to work with.

They have a new customer - all my major service in the future goes to these guys.

Mark

'03 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue)
'00 BMW R1100SA (Mandarin/Silver)
'56 BMW R50 (for sale)
'74 R90S (Daytona Orange)
'06 Ducati Paul Smart Replica (for sale)
'81 Honda CBX SuperSport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 11:11 am

I bought both my bikes from Max ... I recommend them. A word of warning - if you finance through BMW and plan on taking the bike out of state (NH) you cannot ride it. BMW finance requires the bike to be registered and insured before it can be ridden away form the dealership.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode